Last of Us gets series order from HBO

Never played the game…but heard really good things about it. This looks pretty solid! Interested in the opinions of the game players…

I played the first one and it was truly amazing. If I remember well I finished the game at normal difficulty and then immediately started all over again at a harder setting. Didn’t play The Last of Us 2 yet though.

I have played The Last Of Us no word of a lie, several dozen times. I can pick out every scene from that trailer and it looks spot on. I was initially trepidatious about a show being made based around the game, but after that trailer, I am crazy excited about this series. Very excited to see how it plays out!

1 Like

The Last Of Us 2 was an exceptionally good game, but VERY much darker than the first. A perfect pairing for the “love and hate” yin and yang between the 2 games. I do recommend a play through.

1 Like

Didin’t play the game but got excited seeing the talents attached to the project. I was waiting what Craig Mazin would do after CHERNOBYL. Great teaser setting the tone of the series.

1 Like

Great games, TLOA1 & 2. Highly recommended.

Im not a fan of the casting of Ellie for tye tv show. That kid looks like a blue blood, and Im having a hard time getting past that fact. Unpopular opinion? Probably. :man_shrugging:

I played the first game and enjoyed it, although it was really sad. I heard how depressing the second game was so I haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

good first episode

1 Like

I am watching the first episode now. Really good. Better than that crap Velma show thy put out.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Remember when the Walking Dead started and it was actually good? This is that way, hasn’t jumped the shark yet. Episodes have been really good.

4 Likes

I watched EP1 last night, and damn. It’s really good. This isn’t really spoilery necessarily, but that @$^#%^$$ grandma scared the sh*t out of me.

2 Likes

100% agree.

Never played the game went into Ep 1 with no biases… was pleasantly surprised and will continue watching :+1:

When the dog wouldn’t go back into the house I would have listened :rofl:

1 Like

I am going to take a look at the show soon. So far Ive heard good things about the show. I picked up a few of the comics a few years ago.

The only good comic spec out there currently is Last of Us books so you got some value if you own them :+1:

1 Like

One of the benefits of being a member of this forum. I picked up a set of the series and some that were graded when the news first came out. It seemed like a good gamble if the tv series was done right.

3 Likes

So a cool little tidbit. The dead kid who was on last week’s episode is local to me and plays on my friends ice hockey team. They call him Hollywood now.

7 Likes

I didn’t read the comics or play more than an hour of the game but I am loving this show.
They did a great job with it.

1 Like