Legends of the Dark Knights

How is Xmen 1 From the 90s still worth something? I think print run does matter, especially when you combine print run with popular character, like your favorite Spidergwen 1 3rd print thats going for $150 now if u can find one

Demand creates and drives value. Think of print runs as assisting factors since thatā€™s now supply vs demand. When supplies run dry and thereā€™s demand, value goes up at a more faster rate.

Thereā€™s a lot of factors that play in part to make something valuable. My statement about the indie books is just to prove that just because something is harder to find or thereā€™s less of them available, doesnā€™t necessarily make them more valuable.

1 Like

And all im saying is when you take Supply vs Demand and combine it with A+ Superstars, your money and you dont even know it

Spider Gwen is a Superstar :sunglasses: @Alana

Lower print runs is exactly the reason why later prints are rising right now.

But itā€™s not a hard and fast rule, as is often the case with comics. ASM 300 was printed a crap ton, NM 98 printed a ton, but those books have value as to what is inside. Other books itā€™s print run (with whatā€™s inside) that helps fuel prices.

There arenā€™t hard and fast rules in comics. Things are fluid.

And Xmen 1 is pretty worthless. Every shop Iā€™ve ever been in has stacks between $1-5.

1 Like

Which is the point I was trying to make, Xmen 1 is worthless, but when you combine Wolverine with supply and demand you get a expensive book, Reference Wolverine #145 Nabisco ā€˜Mail-Awayā€™ Variant :sunglasses:

I didnā€™t say anything about secondary market value. Not sure why that came up. But, since you brought it up, :wink:, I disagree. Put simply, higher print = More supply. More supply is able to support more demand. I will agree that print runs donā€™t effect demand and that a bountiful supply can be outweighed by bountiful demand. But this is moot, we both know how supply and demand works. We have discussed this at length several times over the years. No worries, my friend. All good. I just misread, or misinterpreted, your earlier comments that I quoted above. :beers:

1 Like

Youā€™re confusing meā€¦ Iā€™m replying to Stameco while youā€™re replying to meā€¦

Itā€™s been a long day for me, Poyo. My bad. :beers:

1 Like

Iā€™m going back to the Robin King threadā€¦see yā€™all there!

Funny thing that X-men Jim Lee wont be worthless forever one day someone is going to care about it and get all mad when it gets shipped without cardboard because the seller thinks itā€™s worthless. Itā€™s all cyclical what has happened repeats itself with every book you buy and care for someone somewhere at sometime thought it was worthless.

2 Likes

It will always be a key moment in comics history.

I actually bought a set of the 1 covers at my LCS a few weeks ago as I had gotten my originals signed. Wanted a set in the PC.

The Mexico variants are my favorite and the 25th anniversary, were you able to grab those?

No I have the set of #1s with the platinum cover signed by Jim Lee in front of a movie theater during the Suicide Squad premier. Had him sign my Hush books too.

1 Like

Aint the platnium covers the mexico variants?

No those are chrome I think the platinum ones have some silver in the background arenā€™t very special looking but they have the fold out cover of all the covers for #1. When they were released if I remember right buying them off the racks one cover for #1 each week came out and the platinum was the last of the covers to come out but they are all 1st prints. Couldnā€™t tell you which cover was the first one to come out.

1 Like

The chrome ones are sick you should grab those :sunglasses:

Newsstands are worth good Change in NM/M

Where can you order Newstands these days?

Book stores if any still exist