Local Comic Shop Day 2020

Oooh, I like that one!

I like this cover

Yeah it will likely be up tomorrow. Mondays are pretty swamped with FOC.

1 Like

Couldn’t find on Tfaw. Jus seen posted on. Sanctorum IG

lcsd Ice Cream Man

Spawn 312 is getting an LCSD variant

Really? Hhmmm image yet?

Spawn 312
Ice Cream Man 20
Monstress 1 foil
Invincible 1 foil
X of Swords destruction 1

All added for LCSD. FOC Monday.

Any idea if you guys will have these up @RipCityGamer?

I added everything except monstrous and invincible, though with the show coming out i might grab a few

I still don’t fully understand the concept of LCSD.

“Let’s reprint a bunch of books from the past year or two. Or maybe current ones. Some will get a foil treatment. These are open order, so we can print a billion of them. Oh, and we’ll charge more than the normal cover price.”

Do these random, very easy to get anywhere, including online, books help local shops? Are they provided to shops at a lesser cost to provide more income to local shops? I’m stumped.

This was created by ComicsPro group originally for BnM shops ONLY. The idea was that havibg these variants would draw collextors (and fluppers) to individual stores with a low print run. It does well for BnM (more so then fcbd) but when u take a very close look at whats going on, tou notice that these are actually considered “store exclusives”

1 Like

I’d say FCBD does more good for a local shop. LCSD you usually only get the regulars coming in looking to buy whatever exclusives you ordered, whereas FCBD everyone in the area is coming by for free stuff and lots of them are buying other things. In the before times it was our biggest single day of the year for sales (bigger than black friday + weekend).

But yeah, the idea is for brick and mortar stores to get cool exclusives near the holidays to bring in more sales. Thsi year they changed it up with how many people are closed, limiting amount of people in stores, not holding any events, etc. There are a lot of local shops surviving only through online sales right now, eeven ones that never did online sales until a few months ago.

In some previous years they also aren’t open order and you’d get allocated once you hit certain levels, so having it open order with an FOC like this is kind of a different thing that we’ll see how it works out.

1 Like

Well soon as they go up zi figure @Anthony or @agentpoyo will drop links.

We have these available for pre-order at PCKComics if you are interested.

3 Likes

Spawn #312 LCSD Variant

Ice Cream Man #20 LCSD Variant

Invincible #1 LCSD Gold Foil Variant

Monstress #1 Talk Stories LCSD Gold Foil Variant

1 Like

X of Swords Destruction #1 (Henrichon LCSD Variant) XOS

Been avoiding all XOS stuff, but I dig this cover.

At first glance this one comes off as Momoko… :slight_smile:

I’m a huge fan of green eggs and ham. I have like 5 different copies of that book that I have read to my boys. Once I saw the image for Ice Cream Man #20 LCSD, I had to order some copies lol.

1 Like

This will pair nicely with my 1st, 2nd and 3rd ICMan books!

2 Likes

@RipCityGamer is it true only ComicsPro stores are getting the Spawn?

No. Any retailer can order them.