Mercari - Offers & Promotions WTF?!

I don’t even understand the shipping on this Mercari site. It just makes no sense at all. How can they tell me it’s gonna charge the buyer $12 for priority shipping and I have no idea what it is going to cost since it can change based on the buyers zip code??? I don’t even see anywhere I can just select a priority medium flat rate box for shipping a graded book???

You can select choose to ship yourself and build it into the price.

You can’t select priority boxes if you buy your label through mercari. You can get 3 pounds priority for $12 anywhere and wrap the priority box you use in paper bags or butcher paper and tape and put the label on that. That’s how I do it.

I suggest you do your shipping through mercari labels because it comes with $200 of free insurance and if you don’t buy your labels from mercari you will almost always lose in disputes. Where as if you bought a mercari label you will be reimbursed and may even get the item returned on top of it.

2 Likes

Ok cool thanks guys. I will use the Mercari labels. It was just semi confusing. I used to wrap priority boxes in paper all the time so looks like I will go back to doing that for some things

You can get a priority mail mailing box from your post office or order them for free online from usps.com I send slabs in them. They are just a tad smaller than a medium flat rate box. Basically it’s a medium flat rate box that uses a label for weight

1 Like

And you don’t have to gift wrap them.

1 Like

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-box-1092-P_O_1092

1 Like

Oh dang I never even knew that. Very helpful, thank you

Do they still make prioirty mail board game boxes, those were perfect for mailing slabs?

They do
https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-large-flat-rate-board-game-box-gbfrb-P_GB_FRB

2 Likes

I love that you answered your own question.

1 Like

The board game boxes are large priority flat rate tho.

I use to do all my selling on eBay but have been transitionning listings to mercari as well. so far its been good with a equal balance between the two.

People are brutal sometimes. Item bought on may 4th delivered today.

2 Likes

Message them and tell them you’re not Amazon Prime next day delivery. Buying something on May 4th to get delivered on May 8th is pretty fast considering USPS woes currently.

5 Likes

Eyeroll. Can you block buyers on Mercari? Because I’d be tempted to.

2 Likes

I think you can. I had a guy on Mercari leave me negative feedback for securely taping the book down. Two pieces of packing tape one top and one bottom with tabs to pull them off and they were inside a priority mail bag so…

You can block people on Mercari and I have done so with gusto.

I’m not blocking him, just gets me the nerve of some people. I have literally 1000 reviews with fast shipper, I know I’m fast. Usually package up that night in the mail the next day. I just ask that people stop and think about the process. That people have lives to live and getting you your Geiger #1 in the mail the same day you order it is not the highest priority.

1 Like