Mercari - Offers & Promotions WTF?!

A major problem with Mercari seems to be the search function. Typing in something like say Black Panther #25 does not bring up any Black Panther #25 listings. You actually have to scale it back to just Black Panther and then find the comics category on the side menu and then manually look through every result to see if it is the issue you are looking for. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

Mercari allows you to list hashtags in your sales listings as well as sizes so I’m wondering if that has something to do with it. Also, when I search individual issues I leave our the hash/pound sign and just search “Batman 423” rather than “Batman #423”.

3 Likes

ooooh. leaving out the # works. Thats silly but explains everything. Thanks

1 Like

Yeah, I learned quickly to not use # in searches. eBay is almost the same, you get better search results when you leave # out of the search string.

2 Likes

The hashtag always messes things up, everywhere.

1 Like

Because normally the # is used to hide things; it’s initial use was to # make comments in code that is not read from the program.

But turds like twitter and facebook turned them into searchable tags… cause they’re a bunch of turds!

I’ve never used that before (# as ignore line)! My experience:

Fortran77: c or *
Igor: //
LaTex: %

Yeah, depends on language. I use it all the time in bash.

@agentpoyo bash, hulk smash!

Got this message from someone on Mercari because I have a stock photo and then the person blocked me I guess because it won’t let me reply to him and let him know I have 5 in hand. There are losers and headaches on every platform.

Capture

2 Likes

Man, that guy is a dickhead. I dont understand why people act like that on every seller platforms.

5 Likes

If you see a listing you don’t agree with, just ignore and move on. Why be nasty and assume? If I saw a stock photo, a simple message of, “Can you snap a pic of the actual comic as I’m interested in buying a copy? Thanks”

4 Likes

That dude is a loser AND a migraine

3 Likes

A really great thing about Mercari is that you can see what your fees will be even before you list. It just figures it out for you and it makes it super easy to just set it and forget it by setting your floor price to still be the profit you want on your sale without having to figure out all the fees like you would if it was eBay.

Capture

1 Like

I make buyers pay for shipping so my profit is higher.

2 Likes

Yup, unless it’s like $100+ book that I bought at $4 or so… buyers always pay shipping from me. If they want it, they’ll pay for it!

Yea and I can sell something for $15 + $5 shipping or $20 + free shipping and the profit is exactly the same. I mean, come on guys. lol

1 Like

You’ll be amazed at how many don’t pay attention… I’ll sell that $20 book + shipping so i make an extra $5 :wink:

You’ll be amazed at how many people do pay attention to their shipping charges or notice the word FREE in a listing and gravitate towards it and with over 8000 transactions on eBay I kinda know a little. Just a little though.

Uh oh looks like stock photos are against Mercaris ToS. I got a nasty gram from them telling me they deactivated a listing because it had a stock photo. Uhm ok but I have stock photos on almost all 200 listings so I guess I won’t mention that to them and moving forward take pics of everything I list on there. It’s just way easier to use stock photos for listing new comics and only send pics if someone asks. Super annoying but oh well.