Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

If the person who is selling that is a reader, please feel free to contact me. I’d like to point out that their statement that we published something on it because we have a financial gain is false. Neither myself or Poyo have posted something on the main site about it making claims to it being the first cover or saying the other book is it the first cover. All conversation about the book has taken place on the forums and brought up by readers and people who comment on the site. Furthermore, neither me nor Poyo have a financial stake in the book doing well. To be 100% transparent I ordered 2 copies. That’s it. Not a huge financial stake in a book. Furthermore, while it was linked to tfaw (who is an affiliate) we linked to a site that was selling them for less than cover price and they sold out very quickly.

Again, if you put up that auction, feel free to contact me as I would love to discuss it. No hate, no yelling, just a statement of facts that you were wrong in posting anything about CHU on the eBay post.

7 Likes

Free advertising is great

2 Likes

I ordered zero copies and nor am I chasing copies either at inflated prices.

4 Likes

Ha. It would be if they put a link to the forum.

Yeah I was gonna make some points refuting their statements, but I just left the post on here as a link and pointed out they mentioned CHU. But yeah I never once saw anyone make any claim or try and push the book. All I saw that in the forums was someone who posted the cover saying something like “surprised no one is talking about this” and then we all went crazy trying to hunt them down and then ebay and all the sites were wiped clean except the ones that forgot to turn off their FOC buttons.

The only time I saw the GN vs DV20 discussed is when I first linked to that guys listing with all those salty claims to begin with, lol.

It will take awhile for us to know if we are going to get the books, and if we do, I always post in Villain Gaming Listings first…sometimes even before I send an email notification.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

you rock! i grabbed a good number of Solos from you before they heated up. always dropping those good deals for us! I think i added a couple more on subsequent orders and everytime I was surprised you still had copies, haha.

1 Like

I am glad that the print run will be increased, and hope that all get the copies they want. I genuinely feel for any who overpaid for their preorders. For those who did overpay, hopefully they can cancel quickly so that there is no hit to buyer or seller.

1 Like

Has anyone SW 20 from Dominion Comics been cancelled yet?

Not for me. Just Westfield so far. I also ordered from Derby DC. I think they may have had their legit inventory on there because it was marked as sold out shortly after.

Same. I was late to the game. But hopefully @faele can hook it up once he gets them. We’ll see how fast we can crush his site when he posts them lol.

1 Like

It’s funny. Took me two seconds to find out who the seller is by name and email address. So he is someone who was banned for misconduct previously. He is anonymously browsing. What I find really funny is I posted my rebuttal above and he has since changed his eBay listing saying that I have a responsibility to moderate the forum against false information (not sure people posting their opinion on whether or not a screen comic is a first appearance falls into a “fake news” reason for moderation). Anyway trolls will be trolls.

14 Likes

But speaking of financial gain, nice to know he still is browsing the site, as he is directly causing financial gain from ad revenue. Keep up the good work!

15 Likes

Guess he’s salty he missed out on something

3 Likes

So, this is the same guy who got banned for being moderated, complaining about his freedom of speech if I recall correctly but now is saying we need to limit others freedom of speech in regards to just talking about a comic book cover?

5 Likes

Dont forget to check out Dark Dominion Comics, and faele here too !

Comics, Trading Cards, Collectibles, and other products! (villaingaming.com)

Dark Dominion Comics, where your next comic and manga treasures await!

3 Likes

I got a mystery box from Dark Dominion. I am editing the video on the unboxing. Have to say when I figured out what was in the box I was pretty shocked at what was in there. Good stuff. More to come.

8 Likes

You ordered one of his mystery boxes, or did he send you one out of kindness?

If it’s who I think it is “angry” would be a better description.

1 Like

No. It’s not him.

2 Likes