Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Codex shows up at the end of venom 12, per Economics in Comics

3 Likes

Cvr for #15

2 Likes

How is that "heating up " ?

1 Like

I guess he means the 1st appearance of Codex in Venom #27 might heat up?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, ignore the negativity…

6 Likes

There’s already a section for Venom spoilers & stuff - New Venom Series by Al Ewing

I’ve always thought of this section as a place for books that have started heating up and or news that might lead to a book heating up. Venom news feels like fair game here.

5 Likes

A lot of members follow this thread

1 Like

It’s all good. Books already heating up… books with potential heat. If you’re totally unsure, just start a new topic, we can always merge or move… if needed!

Need a new thread:

Comics that “Might” Heat Up (But Probably Won’t)

3 Likes

Hey, I liked Codex. He’ll be popular in some years as the alternate-universe adult son of Eddie Brock who probably becomes a hero even if he started out evil. It could happen!

3 Likes

Copies of Spider Gwen issues 24 and 25 have been moving .

1 Like

He will be coming to the aid of 616 Dylan in #15

1 Like

I hope Codex remains important and sought after for the next 100 years.

Codex hit at the height of my stuck at home, desperate for comics, order every store variants FOMO, COVID stupidity.

I have waaayyy to many Codex associated comics SMH.

8 Likes

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one…

1 Like

Yeah, just be patient he will come around.

No idea where all the haters come from. :frowning:

I feel like it’s been so long since Codex came up… someone please remind me: is Venom 25 2nd print 1st cameo + 1st cover? Or was there an exclusive 1st print of 25 featuring Codex on the cover?

1 Like

2nd print of #25 was 1st cvr only. #26 had a Lee exclusive 1st print with him on cvr only. He 1st appears in guts in #27

1 Like

Flippers hated codex partly cause of the supply problem and likely skipped it or they have been burnt with Cates spec before or they just don’t like the character

2 Likes

I believe the 2nd print cover is art from inside so I’d consider that at least a cameo in the guts.

2 Likes