Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

In my experience, you’d have to put a gun to most dealer’s heads before they’d ever lower it bellow it’s apex

3 Likes

Its funny that they will talk down on your book (ALMOST ALWAYS), but pump up their book.

DEALER on buying: “Yeah, can’t really give you FMV for that UF4 because it is simply not rare and it just so common. At most I can you 40% of FMV.”

DEALER on selling: “Yeah, can’t really give you a discount on that UF4 cuz its a hot book and there are like 2 movies coming out based on Miles.”

6 Likes

Holding out for top dollar only works if something is really hot. So it’s pointless not to compromise, especially when it costs them $2 for the book. Inventory will just eat into your gains

Star Wars 16 is the first cover. You might find that in the wild near cover right now.

Copies are flying off eBay today and yesterday.

I assume a rumor was leaked from Black Panther. Anyone have any intel?

4 Likes

Some dbag on the CBSI fb group claims that T’Challas son is in the mid credit scene. son takes his father’s name…ooook

And T’Challas son was already mentioned last year…

https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/in-case-you-missed-it-avengers-spec/2839

And this year…

3 Likes

Well, it made me a few $$ at the end of a slow month.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The honey has run dry!

1 Like

Gotta some how make up for the inflation rate that happening in 2022. Adjust all keys by 10% to offset expenses.

All the 4chan/Reddit spoilers have been pretty accurate so far for about everything marvel the last two years.

1 Like

I think just about every book I’ve ever written up in weekend specs will pop two more down this week with Abigail, and Azari.

3 Likes

No money, no honey

If you expect to sell, it doesn’t work that way. You can’t just add 10% to the market value

2 Likes

I watched a video today on Youtube from Cleveland Comic Con, guy had slabbed books (including Hulk 181) that he was looking to trade or sell. Retailers were telling him they were overgraded or just not rare books.

1 Like

These retailers must be dumb if they think someone selling a graded hulk 181 is gonna believe that

Let me scrounge around to find the video

I believe you they are that dumb

Cincinnati, wrong Ohio town starting with a C

4 Likes

Story of my life. Well, catching up for lost time now, arrr…