Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Amazing #14 limited to 3 at midtown and sold out at tfaw for the non design McGuinness cvr

I think she is being saved for later TBH

1 Like

The Batman Who At One Pointed Laughed, But Currently Isn’t Laughing, But May Laugh Again At Some Point.

2 Likes

I’m laughing at all this.

Must be a pretty slow week if this is what’s selling out.

It’s been a pretty slow year, tbh.

4 Likes

The Speculator Who Laughs…lol.

2 Likes

Your comment made me think what was the biggest book of the year, so I made a thread for us all to debate in.

3 Likes

I think it’s been a pretty good year for modern spec imo. I sold a ton of Batman/Fortnite, Eight Billion Genies (lots of #1s as well as subsequent issues), Walmart RWBY 7. I found about 8 packs of the Walmart RWBY 7s and sold the copy for $50 a pop (thanks to people posting pics here).

Also found a bunch of Hulk 256 sitting in bins when the news got announced. Found them at my shop for $4 and sold copies at $90 shipped. I’m not a big time seller just a guy who finds things at my shop and then flip them. Just from those alone was enough to cover all my comic book spending for the year and then some.

EDIT: forgot about Black Panther 3 :joy:

1 Like

Just hold out for the Batman to sobs…or the Batman who shrugs and sighs too much…or The Batman who ironically looks into the camera like he’s on the Office.

1 Like

Honestly, with all the Tosin jokes we throw around here, it feels like BP 3 came out over a year ago like in late 2020 or even 2021, not this year.

1 Like

While I am not buying any DC comics right now, Harley Who Laughs would absolutely be the first one if I was to change directions. Still not going to buy any.

I’m waiting for the dipsh**s at DC to bring back that AMAZING future Wonder Woman/Justice League villain, Grail. I cannot believe she hasn’t been in anything else after that great run in New 52 with Darkseid and Anti-Monitor by Geoff Johns. Bah humbug DC

5 Likes

She has, but sparingly.

Astonishing X-Men #9 first appearance of Danger is getting some attention as a possible villain for Deadpool 3. I do have a graded newsstand copy up on eBay.

1 Like

That Spiderman Lost Years that was already discussed here is getting quite a bit more attention/posts and hit a certain apps trending list today. May not be a bad idea to hold one, but otherwise smoke em if you got em as now is the time.

3 Likes

It cracked me up when it hit the list.

4 Likes

It is kind of a lame spec. It’s just the lady as a regular person who later becomes Hallows Eve. Big whoop. These are the same lemmings that run out and buy stuff like “Bombshell” from Hawkeye because of an app. Think about it. If the character isn’t the next Miles, or even close, what really is the long term value??? Especially when it’s not even the super hero or villain first appearance, just their regular self. Smoke em if you got ‘em for sure. Six months from now nobody will care and eBay will be left with listings at “today’s hot price” collecting cyber dust.

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I’m thinking 6 week….maybe 6 days.

1 Like

I sold my Astonishing X-Men #9 PGX 9.8 Newsstand for $300 recently. Apparently the book Reynolds’s was holding in the Jackman reveal was a story about Danger.

2 Likes

I like the Hallows’ Eve character and already own her first appearance so it is win win for me.

But, if this character isn’t worth chasing (fairly cool character design, some history, some future plans with a solo series), then why do we bother at this at all? If it’s Miles or bust, then it’s all pointless. Sure, this character isn’t going to be a $700 key next week, but they don’t all have to be. I’m ok if this becomes a $45 key down the road.

1 Like