THE book of 2022

Hi all, some discussions in the Modern heating up thread has me thinking. In your opinion, what was THE book that come out this year? The ONE book that you think will be a long term winner? I’m curious on everyone’s thoughts since we are all into different series here.

Personally I think it is most likely Black Panther 3, with it being Tosin’s first appearance.

3 Likes

I can’t think of another non-exclusive book. It was a dud of a year.

2 Likes

Black Panther 3

Deadpool Black White and Blood White and Blood #4

10 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good (distant) second.

Ironically I am watching a video talking about hot comics and how the prices are going for below market value, which makes me laugh they are talking up books in a shrinking market.

4 Likes

How about Rwby 7!!!

1 Like

That Deadpool is a good one too, I just picked up a cover A in 9.8 for $42 on eBay 2 weeks ago.

3 Likes

If you’re into controversy, the UF4 Acetate “variant” made headlines. For all the wrong reasons.

4 Likes

I sent my lone copy of BP3 to CGC recently. It’s a 9.6/9.8, so fingers crossed. I agree that’s probably the top one. A few other candidates:

Captain Carter 1
Eight Billion Genies 1
Death of Dr. Strange Bloodstone 1
Grim 1

7 Likes

Mmmm… Deadpool BWB #4 came out in 2021, no? ASM Spider-Man #3 1:100 with her on the cover came out in 2022. Star Wars Visions #1, maybe?

2 Likes

For the exclusives category, I was going to throw the NYCC variant for SW Visions hat in the ring.

8BG another good one.

1 Like

1st app, its black panther 3
cover art, its poison ivy 3 1:50 seb mckinnon

3 Likes

Sandman universe: Nightmare country 1:100 Frison

2 Likes

It’s easily Eight Billion Genies 1 for potential

5 Likes

Just love that Poison Ivy #3 McKinnon. That series has had some great covers, and the McKinnon is the best.

1 Like

5 years from now it will most likely be Harley Who Laughs

1 Like

You just want those variant covers to spike! :wink:

This is a joke, right?

I’m the D-Rog Who’s Laughing.

1 Like

As I catch up reading through this list, it has INDEED been a dud year.
oofa

2 Likes

This is a serious thread.

1 Like