Moon Knight Spoilers and Spec

I imagine every episode will have a free different digital Moon Knight comic really smart cross promotion

4 Likes

Fun little reference in the middle of fight scene of episode 2. I spotted it while watching but screenshot is from someone else who spotted.

5 Likes

His wife has a different name and looks completely different than his comic version. Doesnā€™t that hurt the spec? Also, it feels like a long shot that he has a daughter in the show.

Marlene has been there since the beginning; it is unfortunate that they didnā€™t even use her name, but the show isnā€™t over yet, so who knows! I donā€™t think that hurts spec; not using Jake Lockley would hurt the spec more than her, but I donā€™t think that hurts MK. The daughter is such a new addition, so I wouldnā€™t expect her in a 6 episode series either!

1 Like

I wonder if Jake will be introduced. In the first episode Steven had that date setup with that girl, it wasnā€™t Steven because he doesnā€™t remember and Marc is married plus doesnā€™t seem like heā€™d be interested in goofing off since heā€™s focused on his mission so that could be a hint of Jake

5 Likes

The gold painted statue guy is in the credits as Crawley. In the comics, he was usually associated with the Jake Lockley personality. My guess is he shows up this season, and the missed date as being Jakeā€™s date I totally didnā€™t think about.

1 Like

Fair point and good catch.

1 Like

Could beā€¦but from what I have heard on the interweb, this is a one shot, 6 episode event. If the reviews continue to do well, I would hope it would continue, but Oscar didnā€™t really commit to doing anything else, and he has bee-bopped around the hero universe. I hope they do more.

With that being said, I am not sure they can squeeze him in with any relevance in four more episodes, if they are going to get Midnight Man and deal with Sun King, or whomever he turns out to be leading the cult. Iā€™d like to see Gena and the boys introduced too, but that is probably too much to ask for. And the faction, which could tie into King Pinā€¦and of course Frenchie and Jack Russell (Werewolf by Night). Iā€™m just a MK junkie!

Yeah, and throw in Bushman, his #1 classic villain. Maybe we get a flashback/origin story in a future episode. When all the shit goes down at the pyramid and Marc almost dies/makes his deal. The bad cops talking about the killed archeologists and ā€œMarcā€ telling ā€œStevenā€ thatā€™s not what happened could be setting up a flashback.

1 Like

Throwing in ā€œJakeā€ at the end as a ā€œplot twistā€ could work the way the show is set up.

1 Like

Well they pretty much confirmed the third identity. We get the Madripoor name drop which leads me to believe Layla is someone else. Maybe she is a gender swapped Amun, or Selene black queen. Midnight mans part was way small real waste of the character.

2 Likes

When the episode was over, I was like ā€œwhere was Midnight Man?ā€ Then I thought about it. Wow, that wasnā€™t what MK issue 3 specā€™ers were expecting.

Back when the actor passed away, I thought I had saw something about him ā€œfinished the filming of his episodesā€. I didnā€™t see him die, just MK throwing a crescent at him, so perhaps he still has more of a role to play.

yea I assume he is coming back with powers in the last 2 episodes?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

:exploding_head: crazy

4 Likes

Crazy good?

1 Like

It was a good episode really twists at the end. Ethan Hawke is stealing the show with his acting.

5 Likes

Yeah, crazy good. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve enjoyed the show but havenā€™t really been SUPER into it. I donā€™t mind that as the MCU can be quite different from the comics, so it isnā€™t those aspects. I just thought the show was a solid B in terms of entertainment. That said, the final 15 or so mins of the fourth episode were really interesting and got me a little more excited than I had been after the first three episodes. It still isnā€™t the crazy-best MCU thing ever, but Iā€™m having fun.

2 Likes