NBA 2019-2020 Chatter and Discussion

I kind of burned out on the NBA once my Blazers were out (although I saved a few years of life once their stressful games ended). And even before they were out we all knew the Lakers would win it. It’s not as fun when the favored team meets the odds.

Remember when the Blazers got beat by the Mavs and the Mavs went on to win the Finals? :slight_smile:

Also nothing sweeter than winning the Finals and knocking out the reigning champs in the process by sweeping them… actually embarrassing them in the process… Yes, I can gloat cause the Mavs might only have one ring but they did it in style, with 1 All-Star and after they beat the reigning champs, they went on to beat the big 3 to embarrass them as well…

We need a hockey thread when that starts up this January. Any sport besides hockey makes my eyes glaze over.

As a Mavs fan, I think I’m leaning towards rooting for the Suns. I like both teams though and super happy it’s not the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs or Warriors in the damn finals. So tired of the same teams always in the Finals.

I should change the topic to 2020-2021 but the season is almost over. Maybe start a new one for the 2021-2022 season.

I think either team winning is a really good story, TBH. Nice for Paul to finally get one but if the Bucks can overcome the Giannis injury and being there for the first time since the 70s, that would be pretty special, too.

I’m not that big on Chris Paul, sometimes he comes off as a jerk player but goddamn his mid range jumper is spot on from free throw line area. I don’t think any player deserves a championship like some try to say, they have to work for it but I do like the young players now on the Suns. Ayton is a beast on the offensive boards and I like their coach too. Suns needed a veteran like Paul though, they likely wouldn’t have gotten this far without him.

I think the teaming up on Monty Williams and Chris Paul together (as compared to their NO days) was what has gotten this team to gel so much. Ayton is a beast but was so lazy and carefree before this year.

Yeah, I think he needed a better coach and a veteran like Paul on his team to really wake him up.

1 Like

I’m a big Wisconsin sports fan. Grew up in Green Bay. Super excited for this series. I mean, 20,000 people showed up at the Bucks stadium for game 6… a game that was played in Atlanta. The town is bonkers for the Bucks right now.

1 Like

@Joe As a Wisconsin sports fan, I have to ask…pro-Rodgers, pro-Packers, think they need to just part ways, or think they’re all being babies?

I tend to side with the team more often than not. I do think Rodgers is correct that he screwed up the plan by being MVP last year. He was flat out bad (by his standards) in 2019, and clearly looked like he was declining. GB took that info and started to prepare for the future. They just didn’t expect Rodgers to be SO damn good in 2020. Now they are in a bad place. Rodgers really wants out because he knew last year was the shot. They had the team. This year, they are in cap hell, and next year, it’s FAR worse.

So, the best thing for both sides would be a trade, but I just don’t know if you can trade an MVP in the NFL. I think GB desperately wants Rodgers for one more year. Then they can see if Jordan Love is any good. Trade either Rodgers or Love next year when they have better info. That’s my hope, at least.

1 Like

Football is so boring, it makes me sleepy. Just reading ya’lls comments on the Packers is putting me to sleep… let’s talk about NBA again… :wink:

Football > Baseball > Basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hockey

Get your priorities straight, Poyo!

1 Like

Pfftt… I could just kick ban you for your blasphemous talk… :wink:

I thought we encouraged blasphemy here? I mean, we talk about Liefeld’s covers, so…

That’s no blasphemy… it’s blasphemy if you don’t dog the shit out of his shit artwork. :wink:

The Celtics who haven’t been to the finals in over 10 years…and who have been twice in the last 35 years?

Heat have been to alot more finals in the last 10-15 years.

They still have way too many rings… they need to take a break for another 20-30 years… let some other teams win it. :wink:

Most of which long before most of us were born…

Coming from a long time Celtics fan.

Lakers = 17 Rings
Celtics = 17 Rings
Warriors = 6 Rings
Bulls = 6 Rings
Spurs = 5 Rings

The win ratio from Lakers and Celtics compared to all other teams is very lopsided. This is why I don’t care much for the Lakers or Celtics. But I will say I’ll root for the Celtics over the Lakers in most scenarios.