New Comic Book Day

Another tip, never order Gemini’s by the pallet. You get a great price but the drivers don’t have forklifts and can’t get close to your door if it’s not smooth ground and they’re not packed in bundles or boxes but just loose on the pallet having to be hauled in a handful at a time which would be a disaster if it was raining. Not worth the savings for that level of headache again.

Customer requested Ultimate spider-man #1 third print. Order appears to be filling and billing based on the 2nd e-mail.

He had me get Ultimate X-Men #1 2nd prints I was going to skip on added and he’s contemplating a Thundercats #2 stupid size bundle

1 Like

I always just do free shipping and build the price into my listings. It makes it easier for bundle buyers as well cause I don’t have to do any combined shipping.

According to Economics in Comics, Edge of Spider-verse #1 leads into Web of Spider-man #1 (on FOC)…

3 Likes

The shopping cart on E-Bay and other sites I use have settings in the shipping where additional items purchased at the same time automatically get discounted shipping if in the cart and check out together. No invoicing or delays needed.

If you have full rate shipping added to each book, and someone pays for 10 books you’re basically overcharging by a significant amount. I get a large number of customers buying simply because my copies individual price is less than others and they’ve learned thru previous orders that the cart discounts multiple items purchased shipping rates. I like 3 to 15 comic orders. They pack up only a slightly longer time than a single order. The thickness increases making them less damageable/bendable in shipping as well. I also get some people that intentionally select the Priority Mail upgrade for a few dollars more.
My price+ shipping should park me close to the lowest listings for non cover price copies. Then if the customers walk-in the door they save a significant amount by not paying shipping at all and the one’s that do can save a lot by getting multiple copies at the same time so the cost per comic shipped gets cheaper the more you add up to maybe 40 comics when a second box would have to be started.

I do take that into account. Oftentimes if someone wants multiple things they buy them via best offer and get a discount that way from me.

He said Weapon 8 is sick about 100 times. He’s pumping it like crazy :joy:

Anytime he says a book or cover is “sick” or “hot”, I avoid

2 Likes

It means he loaded up and is gonna be flooding the market… Haha!

1 Like

You missed “dope”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

So it’s dope sick? Lol

1 Like

You must’ve avoided USM1 like the plague then…

3 Likes

You guys are so mean!!

Actually, I had to comment asking him if this was the most times he said “that’s what she said” in one video.

Bill was on fire!!!

2 Likes

Strike one on the one per store

Grabbed a cover A. At least they don’t have damage like other marvel books.

Passed on USM2 as I have it in my pull in the next shop

1 Like

Strike 2, in out.

My shop only had one copy of USM2 and it wasn’t in my pull.

So luckily I grabbed it before anyone else. Only seen two copies today (1 at each store).

They had the one per store, but priced at $75.

Can find copies on eBay for $40 shipped now.

2 Likes

Local shop had no cover A but did have the foil for cover price.

Lol right? :100::joy:

Went back to the first shop on the way home to check out USM2 for errors…all gone.

Same with all the spider-verse books.

What it means? I don’t know. Just that supply for me has been exhausted. See where it goes from here.

The flood has begun !!! (like clockwork…) Everyone is dumping. Undercutters galore

8 Likes

It’ll hit the bottom and come back maybe? McFarlane has his hardcore fans. I do wonder.

Let it fall. I will wait till its down to$ 20-$30, then I’ll buy one lol.

3 Likes