New Comic Book Day

This looks interesting. Anyone come across this today?

1 Like

yeah I saw it in a couple of places

So those of you getting copies of the Foil Hulk Facsimile, my shop actually ordered several copies…and they charged cover.

But here’s what you should keep an eye out for. The copies my shop received apparently have damage. I’m not sure if it was from handling, or manufacturing. But near the top staple it
Looks like creasing is present (circled in the picture below).

If this was simply from grabbing a stack and pressure from handling, I would think only a couple would have this…but it is consistent through the stack of about 5 or 6.

I did manage to find one copy that was not creased. Of course it has a light “scratches” along the silver “Hulk” title.

Don’t pay $10+ for “damaged” copies. Retailers should claim losses if they arrive this way, for what they’re being charged by distributors.

I pre-order most books online now. But here’s what I picked up today from the LCS.

I held off on the Miles 8 because I wanted a shot at finding a 9.8 copy. My LCS came through. I don’t think Miles has received the ASM 238 Homage yet, so this is a treat.

Unfortunately no firsts. But I’m tempted to grab a second copy if I see another 9.8 candidate.

2 Likes

IMG_5629

IMG_5628

This week’s grabs.

3 Likes

Fun stuff!

Only pickup from new books this week

2 Likes

Man, Ghost Rider 18s (cover A) we trashed everywhere I went.

Crappy marvel paper…

2 Likes

Had a thank you copy of Wolvie 37 in my hand (off the shelf), and as I was approaching the counter the store clerk got a message from their manager to remove it from the shelf…had to give it back.

:pleading_face:

Defeat clutched from the jaws of victory…

3 Likes

Sorry, so close! Wish you were able to pull it off :frowning:

For cover? Man that’s rough. My shop had one at the counter for $50. Figured it was a ratio variant because i haven’t been paying attention. Looks to be what the eBay price is at the moment.

Yeah my lcs had it for $50. But I don’t want to pay ebay prices.

1 Like

I could have likely got it for cover if I immediately walked up to the counter and bought it, but wanted to buy a few other books because I felt like I was getting to good a deal…

So I ended up not buying anything.

It’s fine. I was more concerned about someone coming into the store and asking about it before I paid and screwing me over…the guy at the counter putting out the books doesn’t know anything about them…so sometimes I can grab a thank you variant for cover. But the owner was on the ball calling the store immediately when it opened.

1 Like

Got one, “Wolverine,” 37 for cover. Other shops had marked it up to oblivion but one just had it sitting around for the standard cost.

1 Like

So at the end of the day stopped by my “regular” shop on the way home (not the one I went to this morning). I didn’t bother hitting this place up when they opened because they’ve been putting thank you variants behind the counter lately marked at market price.

So When I walked up to the counter I noticed they had it behind the counter, as expected, but looked like it had a $4.99 price sticker. So I asked about it and sure enough they were asking $4.99.

“I’ll take that too” I said. It was labeled as a “one per store” on their price sticker, so it’s not like they didn’t know what it was. Even more surprising was how it was just a few feet behind the counter in clear sight but sat there for 5 hours after opening.

Anyway…funny how my day started having one taken away, and ended with one practically handed to me.

9 Likes

Your day zigged where you expected a zag!

Picked up a copy of star wars shadow of starlight 1A, a few copies of detective comics 140 facsimile regular and foil. Love the foils. That’s it this week for me.

1 Like

What? It’s Wednesday already? How long have I been asleep?

1 Like

I get my comics from my LCS on Mondays. Also I have an online shop that posts their new release comics on the Tuesday when their brick and mortar store closes.

These arrived this week (mail). But I felt like showing the covers.

2 Likes