New Variant Ratios on TFAW

Just curious - any idea what a store pays for a $3.99 comic from the distributor? Should be easy to figure out what the break-even point is - i.e how many of the 25 they actually have to sell plus the profit from the variant.

Depending on how much you ordered with diamond, the biggest discount was 57%. Penguin is less of a discount

Yeah with Diamond it was volume based, Penguin gives you a flat rate but offers free shipping. Lunar also has tiered rates. I believe the highest is 60% off cover price. Basically, 25xcoverprice + incentive ratio price times the discount the store receives.

1 Like

I grabbed this one, good deal. Thanks for the heads up.
Symbiote Spider-Man Crossroads 2 1:25

2 Likes

Dropped the Wolverine Delotto @ $49.99; too expensive for me. Still see some good variants out there, can only pick up one copy though.

1 Like

Some interesting books on TFAW - most post-FOC, some Preorders. Pay attention to the shipping - post-FOC and Pre-FOC dont combine.
The Marvels #2 (Panosian Variant) (tfaw.com)
Vampirella 1992 One Shot (10 Copy Castro Line Art Variant) (tfaw.com)
Never Never #1 (of 5) (tfaw.com)
Miles Morales Spider-Man #28 (Coello Captain America 80th Variant) (tfaw.com)
Black Widow #9 (Brooks Captain America 80th Variant) (tfaw.com)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #12 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant War of the Bounty Hunters) (tfaw.com)
Spawn #320 (Cover A - Barends) (tfaw.com)
Spawn #318 (Cover D - Capullo & McFarlane B&W Variant) (tfaw.com)
We Live #1 (4th Ptg) (tfaw.com)
We Live #5 (3rd Ptg) (tfaw.com)
Gun Honey #1 (of 4) (Cover F - 10 Copy Sienkiewicz Virgin) (tfaw.com)
Miles Morales Spider-Man #30 (Conley Design Variant) (tfaw.com)
Red Room #1 (2nd Ptg Sketch Cover) (tfaw.com)
Venom #2 (McGuinness Variant) (tfaw.com)

1 Like

The store exclusive is still happening. Theoretically it should be coming into the warehouse this week? But we’ve yet to even see what it looks like. So most likely unless I can take a photo of it next week it won’t be up until after Jan 1.

1 Like

If they release the same week they should combine. Pre-orders are pre-orders. Pre- and Post- FOC the only impact it has is the discount, your order of priority if allocation happens, and the max qty you can add. Shipments are based on what processes when the run is done each week not on when you added something. So if you have an item coming out Wednesday and add it on Tuesday before the button is pressed, it should ship with anything coming out Wednesday that you added any point in the past.

In stock and pre-orders don’t combine. Still something being worked on…

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Noted the last sentence in your post.

What is the policy on combining instock orders ? Had to place three instock orders separately around the same time, and each one was charged a shipping cost. Had to do this as I was browsing several pages, and was worried that I would lose the books by the time I made a final purchase. However, was told by the TFAW CS that the orders could not be combined - had to be cancelled, books would be relisted, and then I had to take my chance to rebuy. I opted to take the shipping hit. The three orders (books instock) have not yet processed or shipped, so I was hoping to save on combined shipping, not to mention more protection for the books, but no dice. Thanks !

1 Like

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ongoing #125 (Cover C - 10 Copy Santolouco Variant)
Dungeons & Dragons Mindbreaker #4 (of 5) (Cover C - 10 Copy Variant)
Star Wars High Republic Adv Galactic Bake Off (Cover B - 10 Copy Variant)
Swamp Dogs #2 (Cover B - 10 Copy Dibari Unlock)
We Ride Titans #1 (Cover F - 50 Copy Wilson Variant)
We Ride Titans #1 (Cover E - 25 Copy Doyle Variant)
We Ride Titans #1 (Cover D - 10 Copy Ramondelli Variant)
We Ride Titans #1 (Cover C - 5 Copy Gooden)

Primordial #5 (of 6) (Cover E - 25 Copy Shimizu Virgin Variant)
Primordial #5 (of 6) (Cover D - 10 Copy Sorrentino Virgin Variant)
Lady Mechanika Monster of Ministry #2 (of 4) (Cover C - 10 Copy Benitez Variant)
Arrowsmith #1 (of 6) (Cover F - 25 Copy Walta Variant)
Arrowsmith #1 (of 6) (Cover G - 50 Copy Jones Virgin Variant)
He Who Fights With Monsters #5 (Cover E - 10 Copy Delledera Virgin Variant)

Transformers #39 (Cover C - 10 Copy Shepherd Variant)
Animal Castle #2 (Cover C - 10 Copy Variant)
Animal Castle #2 (Cover D - 20 Copy Variant)
Animal Castle #2 (Cover E - 30 Copy Delep B&W Silvio Bull)

Canto III Lionhearted #5 (of 6) (Cover B - 10 Copy Ingranata Variant)
GI Joe a Real American Hero #289 (Cover C - 10 Copy Loh Variant)

Oh boy.

1 Like

Man, I get upset when a shipping service loses or damages a single box I send. I can’t imagine how nightmarish it is for a whole pallet to go missing.

2 Likes

Porch pirates!

1 Like

1 Like