New Variant Ratios on TFAW

Yes… I somehow missed the high cover price.

Really excited about picking up DC Festival of Heroes the Asian Superhero Celebration #1 1:25! Journey to the West is one of my favorite books, the Monkey Prince appears to be a DC version of the Monkey King from that book (including the staff).

1 Like

I grabbed the 1:25 DC Asian Superhero blah blah blah because yea it’s a 1st and DC at least makes awesome animated movies? lol

The character appears to be a version of a major character in the #1 most famous Chinese book. If DC wanted to expand with Chinese audiences that would be a good character to use, Monkey Prince has potential but could also be a throwaway character we never see again.

2 Likes

Definitely a lot of potential with the character in the animated universe. Easy pickup at $19.99.

Kids are sleeping! Wouldn’t mind 30% cart drops before they wake up!

1 Like

So you celebrate Asian Super Heroes with a character named Monkey Prince?! I don’t see this offending a whole lot of people and it being recalled. Nope not at all.

2 Likes

Monkey King is one of the most recognized fictional characters in China, it would be unusual for Monkey Prince to be offensive to those familiar with Monkey King.

2 Likes

Way of X #1 - Dodson 1:25

I’m talking about the rest of the world. I guess my point is I’ve heard Asian people referred to negatively as monkeys, along with other races. I’m not familiar with monkey king.

Monkey King was way over powered and a real ass in ancient Chinese literature, hopefully Monkey Prince will be the same. Think a monkey with Lobo attitude amd Superman power level.

2 Likes

For all you monkey haters watch this 6 minute video it will change your mind.

2 Likes

It’s a very famous story and character in China and a lot of parts of Asia. I’m bummed I missed the variant myself since I have a lot of journey to the west related stuff in my office. Whenever I was on an extended trip to China for work I tended to get souvenirs somehow related to it.

4 Likes

Marvel Action Classics Spider-Man #3

Don’t forget this amazing cover is on foc this week😬

:nauseated_face:

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

And suddenly there is a new contender for worst cover of 2021…

3 Likes

I’m not an emoji type of guy. Complete barf.

1 Like

Is Monkey Prince an existing character? Is he a play on the classic folk tale, Monkey: Journey to the West?

Those faces look like they melted.