New Variant Ratios on TFAW

They don’t care about killing the market is all I’m saying. The exclusives and 2nd print ratios wouldn’t be there otherwise. Problem is, there’s less books that spike and hold value because of these tactics.

I don’t think later print incentives kills the secondary market any different then first print incentives. It actually creates books that could be ghosts down the line and big secondary books. If Geiger ever takes off, and some people do really like the book and Johns, these later print incentives are going to have very tiny print runs and be very hard to find. How many stores are really doing 25 4th prints or 25 2nd prints on #2? Gonna be a tough book to find.

I can’t recall off the top of my head any other later print incentives Image has done lately so they really do believe in the book.

Other then Nocterra they haven’t gone this deep in printings even. They have been doing a lot of regular second prints though. Probably too many of those.

1 Like

I agree on your points. The 1st print incentives are hurt by it, imho. Giving buyers other books to compete with the 1st print incentive is bad imho.

It just can change what book the secondary market goes after. Doesn’t help/hurt the market.

Iirc Geiger did not have 1st print incentives though. Just the one per store.

It would also be nice if they gave us a new cvr for these later printing ratios instead of a sketch or recoloring. I guess that would be too costly.

Publishers don’t care about the secondary market for the most part (they just know how to play with the speculators and those that care about the secondary). If they’re selling books at $2 a pop to the distributors, then the more the better for them. They’re goal is to get product into consumers hands, selling quantity to create more revenue that turns into more profit. As long as someone is buying, they’re gonna keep printing if the orders and demand are there.

So you can’t blame the publishers for flooding the market with unwanted issues, that’s on the retailers chasing ratios and what not acting like consumers instead of “retailers”…

2 Likes

Well said. If people are willing to buy it, there will always be someone to cater to them.

Usagi Yojimbo #20

My pick of the week new female Usagi reoccurring character. Print run should be low, none to very little chatter about it pre foc. She’s on the regular cover and not the incentive so get your copies.

10 Likes

That is sneaky spec! I like it.

2 Likes

Good looking out. I believe the 1:10 will also be the book to get. Just look at GI JOE #281 prices…

does anyone have a ff33 1:50 momoko they’d give me?

Vast majority of ratios on TFAW are one per person. So people don’t have extras. Additionally that book would’ve locked Sunday or Monday depending on when they added it as FOC has passed.

Keep an eye on the thread and sometimes people will post if they decide to cut a book. I wouldn’t be asking people to cut a 1 per person book though.

Best of luck in your search. Cheers.

2 Likes

Young squadron is sold out at tfaw now.

Usagi also sold out at tfaw now

I saw. Thanks to you, I was able to get 10.

1 Like

Batman Reptilian #1 (of 6) (1:25 Bill Sienkiewicz Card Stock Variant)

Batman Secret Files Clownhunter #1 (Inc 1:25 Mico Suayan Card Stock Variant)

1 Like

This has an Foc date of today?

it did, its gone.

and apparently so is this ugh
Gamma Flight #1 (of 5) (Andrews Variant)