New Variant Ratios on TFAW

We have been saying this for over a year now. First it was covid (which is a valid excuse) (yet I live in FL, the hot bed of the world for covid and my little lcs still gets all their books on time every single week), then it was the blistering heat (still a decent excuse) but since then there’s no real reason why they are delayed every single week. They need to hire more people, offer more money, or something since they cannot do their main job with the staff now.

4 Likes

It’s frustrating to see a book like Jabba finally get processed (hope it sticks this time) but know because they don’t prepare my order for shipment till the end of the month and then it takes 3 more weeks after that for it to leave the plant…then 2 more weeks to ship Across the country despite paying $10 or more in postal fees…I won’t get this book that was released almost a month ago until October.

1 Like

I’ve stopped doing my mass preorders with them and switched to a different company. I’ll grab a variant here and there, but that’s it. My frustration level is so much lower. Feels kind of liberating lol.

4 Likes

I’ve been told by Kyle in CS they are expanding their warehouse to accommodate the increase in orders. He said they have more orders than ever before.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that, but I’m going to need to see results before I move my preorders back.

2 Likes

But they need you’re pre-order cash to help pay for the new warehouse… hrmmm… oh wait, that’s right, they don’t charge you until it’s processed to get shipped… nevermind! :wink:

If they only improved processing time and were consistent in packaging they’d be the best online shop in the country.

Well, they use to be consistent until the start of 2021… use to process every Tuesday and ship out same week. I know they’ve been down on their luck this year so far but time to make some executive decisions fast before they start losing all this new business they seem to have gotten.

2 Likes

It seems clear their management doesn’t care enough to make the effort. It shouldn’t take this long to make adjustments.

Well, one could consider that they care but are a little incompetent as well in their leadership to make decisions, etc. Could be a mixture of both as well.

I don’t know about you but if when I’m employed by someone that gives me freedom in my job that I end up loving, I want to do everything I can that the business succeeds cause when they succeed, I succeed and also succeed by staying employed with them. When I see employees who don’t care about the company and are just collecting paychecks, I just want them to go ahead and quit or get fired. That type of attitude is terrible to carry around a workplace. When I start hating my job or employer, I try my best to leave sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Pretty sad if they are incompetent at raising the salaries, hiring new people and renting a new warehouse.

I’m super surprised at seeing this. was I one of two lucky customers to get White 2 from TFAW?

White 2 was for sure still limited to 2500, right? I find it hard to believe only because this will be my 5th copy, lol. I walked into one of my LCS’s last week and one was sitting right on the shelf. I didn’t even get there until an hour after opening.

Then I got two copies from one online store and 1 copy from another online store, and now apparently 1 from TFAW. I wasn’t even hunting them, i just randomly went on the sites and they were still available.

Funny thing is, my other LCS got allocated only 1 copy, even though they got 2 copies for White 1 (1 was given to the first person who preordered, and the other was damaged).

1 Like

I would take whatever Black Mask says with a grain of salt. I think they’re saying these are limited to create false demand…

1 Like

White 1 and 2 got deleted from my account with some other SW books. No email or nothing. Just vanished. To bad I didn’t take screen shots of them books I had…

Yeah that what I was thinking, but all the shops I got them from didn’t have like 7 copies or anything, it was 1 and then marked as sold out or 2 and marked as sold out. One copy at my one LCS and 1 copy, if not 2 at the LCS I got it from. I also just searched my inbox and I found a 6th copy I have on the way. Granted I can’t check inventory on the ones I preordered from, but I’m leaning towards getting lucky on this particular one.

Maybe everyone gave up after not getting White 1 and there was less hands in the cookie jar for White 2.

White 3 i’ll probably get zero copies to make up for it, haha.

I don’t think most shops are gonna order heavy on Black Mask. Even my local shop stopped loading up on them a few years back cause they got tired of them sitting and collecting dust on the shelves.

White sounds like an interesting story. Only reason why I wanted to buy one.

Yeah my guy at the LCS said they may stop ordering BM stuff after the white fiasco. Funny thing is, White 1 2nd print was supposed to be order-on-demand and returnable, but they somehow got allocated on those, too. And now theres a 3rd print for some reason. Not gonna lie, imma grab a couple, but how is a 3rd print needed when 2nd print is supposed to be fully open order on demand.

It is limited to 2500. You’d see a lot more on ebay if it wasn’t. They’re not lying about the print run, guys. In fact, I’m convinced all 2500 copies of each issue are already printed. I saw a full set on ebay months ago.

Nowhere near as many people ordered #2 as they did #1 and it was just easier to get. I was the only one to preorder at one LCS and got one. I was one of 2 to preorder at another and we both got one. Stores got 1 or 2 for the most part. If you got 5 it’s because you preordered at multiple stores that didn’t have a ton of preorders, or from TFAW, I’m sure they got more than almost any other retailer.

Yeah that’s what i’m leaning towards, less cooks in the kitchen trying to get it. 2 were preorders, 1 was in person, and 2 online shops just had them sitting there unclaimed.