New Variant Ratios on TFAW

Yeah, had a chance at the Miles Morales one, but am still not sold on the costume. The prior costume was great.

Just announced on TFAWs website. Warehouse is down until Nov 17. Nothing is processing or shipping out until Nov 17. Announcement is on their webpage.

What kind of bs is that?

Well that’s a kick in the balls
I see they are implementing various discounts and price reductions to try and offset this snafu, but dang
I am going to have hundreds of comics delayed for sometime.

While remodeling and expanding the packing areas/receiving area some stuff came up that needed to be fixed to make sure it remained safe for staff to work there. It’s an older building, and having worked on older houses myself in the past it happens when you start messing with old bones. Based on contractor schedules and inspection schedules the soonest things could line up to be completed/cleared to have people back in safely is that week.

No one is as upset at not being able to receive, sell, and ship things for a few weeks as us. Obviously it’s pretty critical to operations to be able to sell products. And it’s really unfortunate it happened at this time of the year of all times. But more importantly we need to make sure our staff is safe and feels safe while working.

We’re adding on discounts, refunding some stuff, etc. to help make up for it, but ultimately if people want to cancel their pre-orders or any existing orders that were placed up until now that haven’t shipped out yet that’s also something that can be done and we won’t mark it as a strike against accounts or anything that would hurt future orders for people.

6 Likes

I mean things happen
I get it
 just hoping all my books actually process and ship once all is said and done and that it doesn’t lead to more shortages.

1 Like

As of now the plan is once we have people back in to have all hands on deck working on receiving the past few shipments so we can try to have a massive processing of everything at once so people only have the one shipment. (And have some people obviously working on the orders that were still waiting to ship and any in stock stuff placed in that time.) But we’ll have to see what happens when that time comes. On the bright side having everyone out and the repairs done will make it easier to have product moved and set up the new receiving areas (which is what we were working on that sparked this process).

3 Likes

So @RipCityGamer , I have a monthly order that’s still in “processing” since 10/21, are you now saying that won’t ship out until after November 17th? It’s basically adding another month to when it gets shipped out now? That’s kind of messed up
 It’s already almost 2 weeks after I got the email that it’s being processed

1 Like

Yeah. Our warehouse was closed for the first repairs and then we found out about the extra work needed while there were still some orders from the previous week yet to process. It’s probably sitting on one of the packing stations. For those orders all the shipping is being refunded plus a 10% credit. Or you can just email CS and ask it to be cancelled and get a refund.

2 Likes

I want

onehundrebilliondollars

2 Likes

Maybe you all should put up one of those huge party tents and have a designated person to bring out books to pack up and continue processing
 a nice 40’ x 20’ only $1,259 at Wally World! Grab some Wal-Mart packs to throw in as freebies while you’re there for all your customers
 :wink:

40 x 20 Party Tent @ Walmart

party_tent

We looked into options of moving temporarily to different warehouses, or into some of the unused TFAW/DH office buildings. The main problem is that by the time existing things are moved, computers are set up, packing stations are set up, etc. it really doesn’t save that much time considering they’ll then need to be moved BACK to the warehouse.

So what you’re telling me is

You know, this reminds me of a past employer. They were running out of money, never made profits so they ended up selling their “products” to a Canadian company. I got laid off but hired immediately in the same sentence as contractor.

So the Canadian owner/company wanted to move all of our data center (we had it in house) to Canada. Okay, great. We warned him when we found out what was involved and their intended location that it’s just not gonna work out. They proceeded anyways so it was just me and one other guy doing all the work.

We went down to minimal rack of servers to keep developers and such working but packed up everything else. They spent probably 200k just to ship racks of servers to Canada (labor and other costs), then flew me and that other guy up there after they cleared customs to spend a week setting it all up. I was working 18 hour days as a contractor and I made sure they paid me for travel time as well (I’m not losing 2 days of my time for free). We got it all up and running
 within a week of being back, nothing but complaints. Most of our developers were still here in Austin with some in Oregon. The tunnel over site to site VPN was just horrid for the amount of bandwidth our stuff pushed back and forth.

They told everyone to suck it up though.

3 months pass on and then the Canadian owners then proceed to tell us their lease is up in 3 months at the data center location. they’re not renewing, instead of moving again to another data center that will cost way too much, we’ll just move it all back to Austin. Haha
 okay, just tell us when you want us to come to pack it all up to move back. We spent another week there just to pack it all back up to prepare for shipment back to Austin. This time I made sure I flew first class and once again, charged the time spent traveling. The 9 hour layover in Chicago I had no complaints.

I made so much money for just those two weeks because they wouldn’t listen to us. I think we estimated the new owner probably wasted at least 500k total after all said and done.

So yeah, I get it when you say
 moving for a week or two just to move back doesn’t make economical sense on every level.

Thanks Tfaw for the update.

I’ve been getting couple if those emails. Some with cancellations of books that they don’t have or get replacements.

Haha
 but in reality, won’t ship until at least November 17th
 :wink:

1 Like

Probably a good thing as it may otherwise ship on its own in a flimsy flat container.

Or maybe it still will. I dunno. They still do that?

I can confirm that they will refund orders that have processed but not shipped. My last order processed on October 21st and I requested a refund yesterday and received confirmation of the refund today

1 Like

10 Likes