New Wonder Woman Spec

It means a shop that participates in this variant has to order 500 minimum of it. At the time of this post, it was still open for retailers to order the minimum of 500. I beleive the print run is capped at 10,000 for this variant.

Shite.

It’s basically a store exclusive shared over several stores but with a higher print run.

2 Likes

So TFAW won’t be offering this for sale.

Only if they take part in it. I don’t believe they took part in the last few team variants like the Punchline special one.

We haven’t taken part in any of the team variants yet, but it may be something we do one day. So far we haven’t done a lot of retailer exclusives (despite there being so many stores that exist now ONLY doing those) because I really don’t want to do them for anything except series/titles that one of our staff or I am a huge fan of and would want to buy. Having to push X number of sales of something overpriced to break even and then make profit just for the sake of profit and not because it’s something one of our people genuinely is into doesn’t really add any service to the comic industry or to fans.

5 Likes

Saw this in a news feed…

So this could make waves, drive non-comic regulars out to seek this new book when it hits shelves.

CW Spec where the character has a different mantle than the comics already happened once with Nora West Allen and didn’t move the needle much.

I think I posted this in the TV and Movie section but this is different though because it’s her first appearance in comics. It’s gonna be a heavily ordered book. Is this really even spec at this point? Seems like you just have to buy it because it’s a 1st app and there is gonna be a tv show and people are gonna be looking for it and the supply will be plentiful. How can it go wrong… lol

Nobody cared about the daughter of the Flash though…

I’m sure her family cares about her.

2 Likes

The flashes daughter had her own show? Her own comic? She was a guest and now a non factor. I beleive its 2 different scenarios.

A few days ago I brought this up. Today I found this. No coincidence I am sure. PS. This is Matt’s eBay page

6 Likes

She was on 2 or 3 seasons and carried many episodes. Funny enough she first appeared in the last DC Future attempt with the Future children of the Justice League. Weird none of that Future Justice League that Nora was introduced in is a part of the Future State Justice League. It’s like DC has to rewrite their future every two years now.

1 Like

I guess it’s easier than rewriting the past :sunglasses:

Because they are out of ideas and just hoping something sticks…

Inside view of the writer’s room:

I know I watched the show what I’m saying is she was a good on the show. A pawn for Reverse flash. Not to much lead character potential and no solo book. She had good moments on the show but Flash isn’t iconic to men as wonder woman is then add on shes a minority etc etc. Not saying it’s going to mean shes a star just stating the difference between the two.

Alleged spec from LarrysComics and Key Collector

Where’s the cameo? Just present day WW and classic WW. No Yara that I can see?

1 Like