New Wonder Woman Spec

Except Steve Orlando was the one who started it. The book shot up in value. I sold multiple copies but wasn’t taking advantage of anyone. I listed them as WW Annual 4 2020 and left off anything about the potential spec. But the going prices are the going prices.

1 Like

If he was doing these on Patreon, that’s against their own rules and policies. But since he’s just using Patreon to make people pay to join his private facebook group, I’d imagine he’s not only breaking Patreon’s rules by using them as a paywall, creating no original content on Patreon, he’s also breaking Facebook policy charging people just to join a Facebook group…

1 Like

Steve Orlando only said that the new Amazon tribe was in the book. He never said anything about the girl on the last page.

1 Like

Yea I think the quote was something like “There’s a reason why we mentioned a 2nd tribe of Amazons” blah blah. Nothing about anyone appearing in the comic though.

1 Like

DC email

" On Monday, news broke that The CW is developing a Wonder Gir l live-action series, starring the character of Yara Flor–but before TV audiences meet Yara, she’ll first be seen in comic books starting this January in the pages of Future State: Wonder Woman !

Future State: Wonder Woman is a two-issue series written and illustrated by Joëlle Jones, part of DC’s wider two-month Future State event. In the series, Yara Flor takes the mantle of Wonder Woman in Diana’s absence, journeying to the Underworld to rescue one of her Themysciran sisters."

1 Like

So is this confirming her 1st appearance in comics will be in this book? Because I see the flippers (LarrysComics and others) pumping the annual for $18-20 as 1st appearance.

Unless there is a flashback to an image of that little girl on the beach in the Future State WW #1 issue, I cant imagine the annual continuing to sell for more than cover. It shouldn’t be selling for more than that now, but I understand how FOMO is easily manufactured and manipulated.

1 Like

Yup, 1st app will be the future state wonder woman book, don’t be fooled into buying the inflated annual. Literally no substance to the rumors it’s her in it.

2 Likes

Yeah the annual hype was debunked and wasnt even on the radar. But this free book… isn’t this technically first appearance/first cover.

2 Likes

sure, but I am not sure that a free preview book will be the big key for any of the characters on the cover. The new flash is on that cover along with several other firsts. Don’t get me wrong it is worth picking up a stack for a buck or 2 when retailers start putting 10/25/50 count lots on ebay after it comes out. There will be a plethora of them on sale 11/25.

Should be happy now you don’t have to buy any future state lol

LoL free comic for the win!!

well the variants are starting https://sanctumsanctorumcomics.com/products/01-05-2021-future-state-wonder-woman-1-of-2-matt-taylor-team-variant?utm_content=Facebook_UA&variant=37598884692166&utm_source=IGShopping&utm_medium=Social

Thats an open order variant for stores, not a store variant.

I kno my fault I meant the advertisement/promo has started for Yara they just posted on IG and such. I noticed on social media stores hype issues that have buzz hype fomo. No one advertises Daredevil but most books we’ve speculated on get promo.

Thats how we retailers drum up buisness :wink:

Agree. I’ll hold out for the $1 clearance sale.

I see it’s $15…quite the open order variant.

It’s one of those “team variants”

Yeah, I don’t know what that means.

1 Like

Limited to a certain print run shared over a handful of shops. Punchline 1 had 3 of these. 10k each issue.