Nocterra

I just wanted to say, if someone hasn’t said it already, I liked this story’s beginning. Hope it continues! Liked it better than Geiger to be honest.

1 Like

I’m liking both Nocterra and Geiger so far…

3 Likes

The one thing I do like about Middleton is he seems to experiment with different styles entirely… Just take a look at his upcoming Batman #109 (Cover B - Joshua Middleton Card Stock Variant), completely different take from his normal style.

2 Likes

Really liked the first two issues here. Might be my favorite start to a series in a while. I honestly think some of the buzz might have been lost because they titled it a name that sounds like a Norwegian death metal band.

“Ladies and gentlement, MetalFest2021 is proud to bring you… NOCTERRA!”

2 Likes

Nocterra and Geiger. :+1:. Slow price movers but will move at some point. Great stories so far.

1 Like

i found nocterra to be alot better the snyder’s undiscovered country

1 Like

Yes, it’s certainly better. I tried getting into Undiscovered, just can’t pull myself to wanting to read it…

4 Likes

Yep, I wouldn’t have identified that as a Middleton if I hadn’t known…

I’ve just read 11 of UC and it’s finally picking up a bit…before that I was with you and thinking I might drop it

I’m late to the party, had Nocterra on my shelf but didn’t read it until this afternoon. I totally loved it, adding to my pull list for sure. It’s one of the better comics I’ve read lately.
I suppose a question I have (maybe I missed something in the market), why is Geiger moving better price wise?
I’m gonna probably pick up a few covers of Nocterra #1 while it is on the cheap.

1 Like

Supply vs Demand. Nocterra was heavily ordered since it was Snyder. Geiger probably was mediocre in comparison by some retailers so yeah… this is when demand outpaces the limited supply and supply plays it’s role in the overall value. If Nocterra continues to gain readers and stay good storywise, we might see it start to go up over time as supplies start to run dry and demand continues…

Nocterra also had a big Kickstarter associated with #1.

1 Like

those kickstarter soft covers are able to be graded, so if nocterra continues to grow those could be great buys. since they came out before issue 1

2 Likes

Rumblings I guess.

The Kickstarter, skybound vault, and comicspro are the books to have

I’m gonna start just writing up articles that go… "I hear rumblings… " or "There might be some rumors… " about such and such comic… We can never go wrong right? If it happens, awesome for us and if it doesn’t… everyone will forget about it after a few weeks.

7 Likes

Good ol Rich. Haven’t heard or seen his name in awhile. I’m quite nostalgic in a nutty kind of way :wink:

2 Likes

This is such an incredible book with a great story. It would not surprise me one bit if someone tries to adapt this to screen.

Thinking the 2nd print of #1 might be a good one to grab, whether this news is true or not.

1 out of 3 ain’t bad. I. WON’T. BE. SAD.

Is the Kickstarter a hardcover? or is there a soft cover also?

Both, but only softcover is cgc grade able