Nycc 2023

Seriously, I watched part of that stream and it was painful. How did this guy win both of the top two prizes?

5 minutes $100 each? I mean, I’d rather buy that than most exclusives but for $100, Francavilla did this for $100…

3 Likes

I always always always get my Hughes colored by his wife (who is a professional colorist).
It’s double, but it’s (imo) complete.

4 Likes

Glad I didn’t go today.
It would have been me that stepped in this.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/someone-dump-show-floor-new-york-comic-con/

1 Like

I’m at a bingo hall tonight…hoping to win big so I can buy some good books at NYCC.

:grin:

2 Likes

I was going to make a joke along these lines, but then I saw someone else already did:

Untitled

2 Likes

or was it near a doo you pooh "retailer "?

2 Likes

So Day 2 is over.

Any reports back in the DOT bootleg copies? Were they sold out upon opening?

Anyone look to get Momoko signatures at 3pm? When did you line up to get a ticket/how long was the line?

Any other hot exclusives selling out? Any other craziness?

IMG_6393

Ironic that it is bleeding stool that is reporting this…

Anyone confirm this story is legit?

2 Likes

I don’t care about any of the overpriced “con” exclusives but I’m pretty excited excited about some of the news coming out of nycc. Thundercats, Flash Gordon, Dick Tracy getting new series? He’ll yeah. Not too thrilled that Thundercats will be published by Dynamite though with their 50 variant covers for each issue.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think is DOA with dynamite. Look how Image has revitalized interest in transformers and gi joe. Hopefully they’re taking notes.

2 Likes

They are only doing Thundercats to put out 25+ sexy adult variants of Cheetara and Pumyra…

smh

4 Likes

Bingo was a bust. Everyone around us seemed to be hitting bingos. But it was still a fun time. I only do it every several years.

1 Like

I get this very very strange feeling that Frank Miller will be doing a little something with Marvel that’s a bit bigger than a few covers.
There’s a couple Marvel panels today that I hear he is going to be at.
Why else would Miller be at a Cebulski panel?

So you the Bleedingstool article too…

But I could care less. Miller isnt a big name anymore. Not enough to increase comic sales. Old men doing comics long past their prime need to retire.

The Marvel Next Big Thing panel at 3:15 should be interesting…

3 Likes

yea, real strange he’d do anything with Marvel again. We’ll see in soon enough time.
Maybe a whole bunch more awful covers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Duke 1 ashcan

Frank Miller before the 2000s was awesome, but his writing quality severely dipped in the 2000s, all star batman and robin and holy terror were horrible

2 Likes

Age of Ultron vol 2 or Old Man Steve :sweat_smile:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/nycc-2023-avengers-twilight-chip-zdarsky-daniel-acuna-marvel-future

1 Like

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/nycc-2023-blood-hunt-marvel-comics-next-crossover?linkId=241658693