Nycc 2023

You can still do that…your conversation will need to be short while she creates a remark for you.

No lines though? I think it was 2016 or 2017 you could walk by and she’d be sitting there all alone and looked bored.

1 Like

1st appearance is Timeless #1

1 Like

Funny - was in this Marvel panel and didnt even know. Probably cos i nodded off for 10 minutes.
If i ever have sleep issues ill just take a recording of cebulski and Brevoort and ill be off in la la land

1 Like

NYCC brings out the stores to pump/sell their own variants… blah

whose watching this shit ???

3 Likes

Back from NYCC day one, Peach Momoko line was very orderly and quiet on day 1.

Getting the ticket took less than 5 minutes and the lines moved fast because everyone had there books out to be signed. There was also two NYCC staff managing the lines to ensure there weren’t any issues. I managed to roll a six so I got a remark for $60. See attached. just remember you need to go to E3 before you line up. Lines were very reasonable and fast.

7 Likes

Jesus…smh. This guy has sold 3 at that price…

book has a 1k print run

1 Like

Hobbyists seem to lose their collective minds when its an “con exclusive”; which probably explains why even store excusives are now stated to be “con exclusives”.

Theyre not thinking and just reacting regardless of the important details. Pretty pathetic.

In the end, i dont care. As long as theyre stuck with the kitchen sink and not me

2 Likes

In case anyone still buys Funkos. These go live tomorrow starting at 9am et…

I remember a few years back maybe 2015 or 2016 me and my buddy Kelly were walking around the con grabbing flips and picking up stuff for friends. He had to swing by Tynion’s booth to grab a NYCC cover for someone. There was literally no people around and he was shuffled off in some corner. This was before he made it. I felt bad so I picked one up as well. He asked me if I wanted him to sign it and I was like “no”. I really don’t even remember what book it was now.

3 Likes

I went today and I normally spend most of my time in artist alley and that got busy a lot earlier, but parts of the main show floor were not that busy which is odd because it is normally the other way around.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, How early did you show up at her table (E3) to get a ticket for the 3-5pm signings?

Wondering how early before 1pm I should show up.

That and it’s not a first appearance or anything. Not even a great TF cover. It’ll be a $20 book in a few months.

2 Likes

Live at NYCC? Or are these more exclusives-that-are-not-so-exclusive?

Drew Moss and Declan Shalvey announced they are bringing Thundercats back, will be at Dynamite.

3 Likes

I saw that. Dynamite never has impressed me…that’s been a pretty dead franchise since marvel cancelled it.

It’s too bad because I was a fan in the star comic and cartoon.

1 Like

I showed up after the start time and got the ticket in less than 5 minutes. Demand for Peach Momoko seem less this year.

A couple of other tidbits for artist alley Rose Besch was charging $2000 for a blank cover sketch, that
was the highest I seen for artist alley and for adam hughes fans, he is doing 5 minutes sketches for $120 on most of the days.

1 Like

Full line up includes
Powerpuff Girls
Flinstones
Space Ghost
Johnny Quest
Wizard of Oz
We Bare Bears

Warner Brothers Discovery line

3 Likes

Wizard of Oz? Interesting.

If anyone is selling a copy of the GODS #1 & the Giant Size X-Men foil, please let me know. Interested in those. :slight_smile: