Odds and Ends

CBS Sunday Morning had an interesting segment. It covered the debate about if we should wear our shoes in the house or take them off–and what we ask guests to do. I take my shoes off in my own home in the interest of comfort and do whatever people ask me to do at their house. Apparently, some people get really heated about wanting others to take their shoes off or feeling slighted if they can’t leave their shoes on, however.

1 Like

I took cues from Korean culture. I have shoes for in the house, like slippers but shoes that never go outside. I never wear my outside shoes in the house. I hate having bare feet.

1 Like

I don’t usually wear my shoes around the house but I also have no carpet so not big deal when I do need to walk through house. As for others, if people ask me to take my shoes off, I do. It’s just the proper thing to do in others houses. Their house, their rules!

2 Likes

I have a pair of shoes that I wear only in the house, so when I arrive home I take off whatever I wear to work and immediately change into my “only in my house” shoes. I can’t stand walking around just in socks or barefoot.

Just don’t take pictures of comics to sell with barefeet in the picture.
My gosh - I don’t know why people still do that

1 Like

2 Likes

I walk around barefoot or with socks, but mostly barefoot inside. I use to go barefoot outside all the time too. Like comics stuck in slabs, I say keep those toes free and happy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is getting odd. And it needs to end.

1 Like

Maybe you should start a new topic called… “End the Odds”…

LOL. Guess we’ll be seeing a lot less foil variants

1 Like

Well, maybe lower print runs.

This actually may make them more sought after by the secondary market.

I don’t understand why they can’t just change the cover price like DC does for card stock books. Is it really that much work to make a slight graphical adjustment?

Technology is hard for marvel, apparently.

2 Likes

Marvel is screwing retailers

4 Likes

Marvel screwed up, most likely they had this great idea to start printing these foil covers of the facsimiles because DC was doing them and were selling quite well. Only problem was that the department responsible for telling the printers to print them out also forgot to tell the Graphics department to change the price on the trade dress.

Marvel telling retailers that “it costs more to print these foils and don’t want the readers to pay more” is a load of crock. Marvel has never had a problem with charging $5.99, $6.99 or even $9.99 for a comic in the past. They screwed up and instead of doing the right thing by honoring the price that they invoiced the retailers and eating the cost they are letting the retailers handle the fallout from the customers.

Not all customers keep up with the news and will have no idea why stores are charging a markup on new comic book release day when there’s a $3.99 price tag. Most will be understanding of course but Marvel is screwing the retailers here by making them look like the bad guys.

1 Like

Dark Horse can do foil variants for $5, why cant Marvel ???

1 Like

Didn’t see this coming at all…

fyi…The Arrowverse ends tonight

Flash series finale

I mean, that’s true any day of the week!