Oh That KCC…

Well, obviously. Who made Batman the authority over firsts? :wink:

This is no different than Tim Drake ‘s scenario. In Batman 442 he got the Robin costume on a trial basis. In Batman 457, he got the mantle of Robin. It’s not having your cake and eating it too, it’s just story progression.

He’s Batman.

now we have to pay for nicks picks :laughing:

For a book that only sold a copy or two in the past week, it’s not hard to achieve a 675% increase…

The Tattoo is an interesting nugget, though. Need to check my copy, but it doesn’t sound familiar.

1 Like

I found a really clean newsstand copy last week for $4.50 in hopes it would get some Mando love. No tattoo though.

2 Likes

That was fun. Need to follow this guy.

Purple Yoda, lmao.

Reading Nick’s Picks. Not a bad list, however…

RANT TIME:

I’m tired of people calling Spider-Men #1 the first meeting of Peter and Miles. THEY DON’T #&@#ing meet (even if it states ‘briefly’)!!!

They see each other on the last page. That’s it. No conversation, no reveals, nothing. NOTHING. They only thing that’s said is “No way”. But they’re not saying it to each other. It’s a sighting. Not a meeting. I SEE a sh*t ton of people every day, but I don’t MEET those same people. There’s a huge difference.

Spider-Men #2 is the first meeting (and fight) between Peter and Miles. As you can guess, this Spider-Men #1 vs #2 thing really dusts my doilies - :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know… one could argue via definition that they did meet…

meet - to come into the presence of for the first time : to be introduced to or become acquainted with

Doesn’t say anything about talking to one another… :thinking:

2 Likes

If I see someone briefly I’d say I met up with them. If I just literally see them and don’t exchange words I might say, “I saw so-and-so today.” Perhaps that issue is the first time they see each other? However, if then they do talk more afterward it is kind of the beginning of the meeting? I dunno, it is semantics.

1 Like

I have ratio variants of 1 & 2…and like the cover of 2 better.

But yeah…it’s not much of a meeting.

It’s a 1st meeting in cameo.

Fair and valid input. The “to be introduced or become acquainted with” would be the key part of that definition as the definition does not end at the first part.

I’m covered for issue 1 & 2 with regular, newsstand and variants of both. However, issue #1 is a sighting, not a meeting. No semantics are involved in this case. It’s quite simple, but unfortunately, because it involves a #1 (which more people will own vs. #2), people will focus WAY too much on that.

I see it as D-Rog sees it: It’s a 1st meeting in cameo.

But it’s still not a bleeping meeting :joy:

So, if the conversation starts on the last page of 1, and continues into issue 2…isn’t it a first meet? Can a meeting be divided up like that?

I’ve been to meetings that get split in half by lunch or such.

The conversation didn’t start in #1 as the only thing stated by Peter and Miles on the last page was “No way!” They didn’t state it to each other, they were saying it to themselves out loud in disbelief.

Not a meeting. In issue #1, there is no introduction to each other, no acknowledgment or understanding that they are both Spider-Men, no conversation, not a scheduled meeting, food was not provided by management or vendors. It’s a first sighting, not a meeting.

Y’all are doing this to me on purpose, right :rofl:. Making me go :crazy_face:

Then why did they say “no way!”…and if not meant to be heard by the other, why say it out loud?

And yes…I’m doing it on purpose because I really don’t. :grin:

What we can say is that it is the first time they appear in a panel together, that they see each other…and they are also on the cover together.

Pretty much seals #1 as “the book” if we have to choose between 1 & 2…I get we’re kinda discussing the definition of “meeting”…but who cares about the actual definition when it comes to these two books?

1 Like

The market has decided, I guess. Issue 1 is what people should be after, I’d say.

1 Like

He actually had a first cameo in Batman Incorporated #5

If thats a cameo, the #7 must be 1st full appearance.