Oh That KCC…

In your opinion, do you think skimming is acceptable? I’m bad with this if I’m not really interested in the book.

I think skimming is okay if you get enough info from the skim to back your “info” you may be dishing out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Character is Araña Anya Corazon not Julia carpenter

2 Likes

This one takes the cake. “I put this on my speculation list and it’s now selling.”

Like, bruh.

4 Likes

Pretty easy, It’s bryscomics. He tells you he’s selling these books he’s highlighting a lot of the time. He’ll even offer the same books he’s referencing for sale in the same video. There is no deception going on here.

The guy has a following on Youtube and has been extremely helpful for me and others in terms of buying and selling comics online. He’s also pretty good at spec as well, so he mentions a few books that might be off the radar at the moment. SO WHAT? Why is this such a problem?

Why such a hatred for content? Is Key collector making you buy these books? I don’t understand why anyone cares what other people pay for comics. You’re experts and have all these already right? You don’t need an app to hold your hand, right?

I’ve found articles like these about cold keys online for years and years and years, but now that it’s in video form, then uploaded to an app in everyone’s hands, it’s a problem??? Get out of here. It’s just harder to have a big edge in speccing now and everyone is bitter. Full stop.

1 Like

Why do we not like this content? Because a lot of these books have no value. But they get a stock of them, pump them to their followers and sell them. Its predatory.

6 Likes

I think of the collectibles world as a ocean and collectors and flippers as fishermen. Responsible fishermen are not OK with irresponsible fishing practices but irresponsible fishermen only care about the days catch.

2 Likes

Bry Bry Bry Bry Bry Bry Comics and KrapKollector are a bunch of Pump N Dump fukwads.

2 Likes

I actually have several copies of both showing on screen. Even offered signed copies of Letter 44 #1 on the main site years ago. I loved the a Dark Horse #1 as a kid and liked Black Cross as a story.

Dark Horse #1 has long been a $20 book. One that you can find in dollar bins as well. Letter 44 has an option (had been optioned at one point). Needless to say I am not sticking up for Key or putting them down.

When I say no value, no real potential value. That has been a $20 book for 20 years. If the needle does move its only because of something like this. Pump and dump.

Pumping isn’t necessarily a bad thing if there is something to it other than trying to move your copies.

Local shop by me…has a new comic area/display called the “Key Collector Comic Keys” wall.

2 Likes

@agentpoyo finally made it big!

8 Likes

Just needs to show up in Bry’s picks…and it’s gold, Jerry!

2 Likes

They got it all wrong though… it’s not “infamous”… it’s more like… “FAMOUS” :wink:

1 Like

When the only ■■■■■■■ reason a books selling is because some ■■■■■■■■ mentioned it or some other ■■■■■■■ idiot it’s bullshit. It’s not talent or intelligence. It’s taking advantage of suckers.

6 Likes

brys latest is fing hysterical

3 Likes

I found it hilarious when he so kindly explained to us what “return-on-investment” was. Instead of writing “ROI (Return-on-Investment),” he wrote “Return-on-Investment (ROI).” Why anyone would want to hear him opine is beyond me. It does make for some great unintentional comedy, though–his “analysis.”

2 Likes

I’ve been a supporter of KCC overall. Sure, they aren’t flawless, but they’ve done far more good for this hobby than bad, IMO. But, they’ve officially gone too far. Claiming Edward Scissorhands is ripe for a reboot?!???!! That movie is damn near perfection! Nick. How could you, Nick!?!?

4 Likes