Oh That KCC…

Heh… thanks for allowing me to figure out my own dumbassery… :wink:

Oh so I just saw a listing for the 2nd printing 9.8 CGC for HR#1 listed for like $50 by MyComicShop get yanked (no longer available for sale) and now see them listing them for $225… while everyone else is still selling for $50 to $70.

i find it funny that HR #1 cover A sells for 20-25 on ebay but HRA #1 is still cover price, any HR movie or show will use 1st apps from both

1 Like

I think SWHR1 from Marvel Second Printing long term might end up being the real winner book long term. Snuck by a lot of shops on FOC and with today’s world chasing the more limited issues, not a bad purchase if you go for the cheap slabs currently for sale.

1 Like

I have a shite load (as I’m sure you do also) and I’m not letting any go yet.

2 Likes

This is the spec before the storm. The KCC post references the “rumored” show in development. It’s not even a rumor. We know Acolyte is in development.

So this is members of the comic community who did not already gobble these up at cover price scrambling and buying them.

Where the more general public will start to push the price up on these will be when we start getting development news, teasers, set photos, release dates, and finally when the show actually comes if ever.

We may hear more on Friday during Disney+ Day.

I think there are other things besides a show that can push the value on this book too. We’re at the end of Phase 1 of 3 of the High Republic initiative. Think about that. We’ve had 12 issues of this comic, and a half dozen other series (mini or otherwise) in a number of other graphic novel forms, plus all the books that have come out (Light of the Jedi, Out of the Darkness, Rising Storm, Tempest Runner…).

That is a huge amount of content. If this property (within a property) really starts to pick up steam with the larger Star Wars audience, early adopters will be benefit from the price hikes.

4 Likes

Ive got two short boxes of Star Wars stuff from the last year that’s all gone unsold, think the last one I moved was a high republic 2 1:25 when it came out. All the other incentives and Star Wars stuff I’ve had for sale has sat stagnant. Made a lot off of high republic #1 s when they came out but hopefully it gets moving again.

1 Like

But LCS can’t keep Star Wars Dark Horse stuff in stock in their back issue bins. Same old Star Wars long hold story. Everybody is twisting their undies over glutted Haslab Star Wars projects and Grogu plushies right now. Star Wars comics are still the ugly step-child of Star Wars collecting.

1 Like

I just got the snackin Grogu for my 2 year old from target buy one get one %50 off toy sale last week and a 25% off single toy coupon to boot.:joy:

https://www.shopdisney.com/grogu-holiday-plush-in-hover-pram-star-wars-the-mandalorian-13-412505089587.html

Damn you, stupid sexy Grogu!

It is cute, I like the pattern on the hover carriage.

Exactly. The order of priority for Star Wars fandom goes 1. Movies, 2. TV, 3. Action Figures, 4. LEGO, 5. Plush/kids toys, 6. Novels and books, 7. comics.

I’ve made my peace with it.

I’ve never really thought of Grogu as sexy. Then I realized this was a Simpson’s in-joke being referenced.

5 Likes

flandersgrogu

4 Likes

I couldn’t stick with HR or HRA, just not my thing. I guess my cup of tea is the Rise/Fall if the Empire eras ~40BBY to ~35ABY

I’ll still pick up issues here and there, but I’m not actively reading.

It’s a book you don’t have to read if all you wanna do is pickup and hold for the long term potential to sell.

So this is a serious complaint. Not digging on the app or it’s usefulness. My complain is their inability to give credit to where they source information from. CHU for example.

Before the spoilers on Deadpool Black White and Blood.

And after

Waiting on the Venom one to change now after I posted the spoilers.

5 Likes

I’d reach out to Nick. I think other people work for him and you could ask they properly attribute a source? That or we start just posting juicy stuff in the walled-off areas for trusted folks…

They are beta-cuck pump 'n dumpers. Perhaps you can post spoilers in a hidden area, or make someone have to log in to see them?

2 Likes