Online Comic Store Report Card

I found buying from Chuck at a convention to be a much more pleasant experience than buying from his website.

As much as they (mile high) charge they should have the worlds best website. Their website is just bad and I would’ve thought the same in 1994.

2 Likes

Probably what’s happened is they’re not putting more money into the actual business, rather just paying themselves higher salaries. Yet not realizing that if they put more money into their website and business, it would make them even more money so they could pay themselves higher salaries.

To make money, you have to spend money!

2 Likes

This is such a simple concept that seems to totally elude people. Especially these days with all the affordable and easy website options, there is no excuse to have a site that has such poor usability.

2 Likes

BUT BUT, “WE’VE ALWAYS DONE IT THIS WAY!”

I hear this phrase a lot.

1 Like

I think part of MH’s refusal to update their site is not just that would cost money, but also… what is the fate of the business when Chuck Rozanski retires someday or is unable to run it? I’m thinking there is a high (pun not intended) chance it will end when he leaves, or sputter on for a year or two before heirs sell off the inventory and call it good. He has repeatedly said that his HQ location would be worth plenty to a cannabis company.

From comics to cannabis. Circle of life.

I’m pretty sure he already sold a warehouse a few years back to a cannabis producer.

Got my order from TFAW. No very happy as they put 19 books in a Gemini Mailer. But for some reason all are in good condition. My wife got her order in a flimsy mailer and I gave her my copies instead. TFAW needs to stop using these flimsy mailers or ask the customer to see if they want to upgrade to a Gemini mailer.

Got my order from Villain Gaming and all books are on top notch condition. All my orders so far have been good. No complains.

Thanks to both…

2 Likes

Contact them. I thought once they go over a much smaller number of books they upgrade to a box.

1 Like

Ditto - 10 books in a Gemini Mailer and of course crunched corners on many.
C’mon folks - Box, Box, Box, Box, Box.
Did I mention use a Box?

I know I know… contact them for replacements on barely dinged corners but sheesh… c’mon. How many times has this been said on here and other forums. BOX!!!

2 Likes

My boxes have been coming horribly packed from TFAW forever. I thought I had figured out a perfect system… just get 8-ish comics for each order so they come in a Gemini… those were all coming in great condition… until recently. Now the Geminis are as bad as the regular boxes.

I keep telling them how to properly pack a Gemini (not that hard) but they never seem to fix it.

1 Like

Just got a single book from TFAW today, damaged/bent at corner and a quarter of the way up the spine as well. 80% of what I get from them is damaged. I’m a relatively passive individual so I haven’t complained previously but I’ve had enough. I sent them a message through their website asking why they use the flimsy mailers and stating I’d gladly pay a couple more bucks for a better mailer and pointing out 99% of their competition has better mailers. It truly boggles the mind that they mail comics this way, guessing they do a pretty robust business and get complaints like this daily. You’d think they’d improve their system. Order relatively often from mycomicshop and rarely if ever get a damaged book. Ordered a few times from Midtown and Metropolis and never had issues. I’ll post if/when I get a reply from TFAW.

3 Likes

My last TFAW order arrived packed nicely. No wrap on the bagged and boarded books but they were surrounded by packing peanuts on all sides. I also haven’t paid for bags and boards for my last 3 orders but they’ve all come bagged and boarded. Maybe they changed a policy or I wasn’t aware of one. I’ve been very critical of TFAW but when there are issues they take care of me. I just want to see consistency but I’m still doing all my preorders through them. Usually between $200-300 monthly.

Man, guess I’ve been super lucky. About a dozen orders in with TFAW and all of them have been 30-50 books. At least 400 books and I think one whole book was damaged during shipping. Always packed well with plenty of peanuts and support.

Normally ordering directly from a comic’s publisher is a recipe for disaster (as discussion here has shown). However, I had a fantastic time ordering from Asylum Press. I even just put up a blog post about it you can see below. Basically, I ordered one comic and then got an extra as well as a signed art print!

2 Likes

C’mon guys - you gotta do a little better than this. 10 days? I mean really. And I don’t want to call you. I’m tired of being on phone with various customer service reps in all avenues of life due to incompetence. I really am tired and I’m just looking for a scrap email back. Books were damaged, I give you kudos in the past - and you return with crickets. Let’s do a little better here… yea?

2 Likes

Are you using their old customer support email? They switched main CS emails in the last 2-3 months. I had been waiting 3 weeks without a response, went into chat and he informed me of the email change.

Should use help@tfaw.com (old one was support@tfaw.com)

1 Like

Yup - using the new one

I did what @agentpoyo and @Anthony said. Do the live chat.

1 Like