Online Comic Store Report Card

Just use the chat. The email never works - learnt the hard way as you are. Chat seems pretty quick !

2 Likes

When are they going to fix this FOC debacle
Books releasing same day have varying discounts. If I look on previews books on FOC this week dont show up on FOC Tfaw.

Thank you very much. One would think the “contact us” via email would be adequate for a response, but … well… I’m done complaining about incompetence.

All that said - again thanks - I assume the Chat is the Red Oval in the bottom right hand that states “Help”?

Yes. You’ll have to wait until Monday though. Send email (if you haven’t done so already) and then if they ask you to also send an email, tell’em you’ve already done so.

1 Like

And for anyone who hasn’t worked in the customer service industry, there’s likely a reason why even on chat they’ll ask you to submit an email. It logs a ticket, tickets are tracked, tracked tickets are used to show the bosses how busy people are that could lead to… “hey aholes, 2 people running customer service isn’t enough, we need more people”… tickets track your worth in the company! :wink:

What Poyo said, and the chat feature is only available during TFAW business hours. I usually click on the ‘Help’ bubble at the bottom right corner, then type ‘chat’ in the message box that comes up. (Might be an easier way !)
I always get in touch with someone in a few minutes; a pain to type, but CS is usually patient and I will say, they’ve usually helped me out. Never been asked to send an email, after being on chat; my issues have always been resolved during the chat.
You get an email after the chat, with a transcript of your chat session - for your record.

Not defending TFAW 100%, but I think the Covid situation is probably still impacting their hiring, and thus their email responses, and probably their shipping. Chat may allow them to handle several questions at the same time.
Frustrating but I just try to be patient !

1 Like

Yeaaa… I guess I just as much figure to de-activate their customer support email if they’re not going to respond as the primary.
For them to give the option of live chat and/or email; gives me the belief that either will work. And yet that doesn’t seem to be the case. So they would do well to disable email as the first line of compaint/dealing with issues. It just seems their email goes into the same lost world as “Dynamic Forces Land”

1 Like

That’s the approach I take when it comes to buying anything that’s not a “necessity” for life… sure it’s great to get your “stuff” quickly and without problems but there’s bigger things (not the little things) in life to worry about for me.

1 Like

I got a damaged order and sent them an email on August 29th. They just responded and corrected the situation on September 16th so it is taking some time for them to respond.

I imagine they get a ton of complaints to their customer service for damages if what I’ve received is an indication of how they package their books :unamused:

1 Like

For my damages, I send them pics by email about a day earlier, and then I chat with them. They ‘fix’ it for me during the chat.

At this point, I just accept the reality, that TFAW shipping + email responses are going to take a long, long time; their packaging is OK if you have a bunch of books, and I also assume that maybe I may not get the incentive I ordered, and then I take a deep breath !

They are still a good place for fair-priced incentives, provided you have the patience to wait. And once they respond, they are usually good in handling issues.

To Bill’s point above, they could put a simple disclaimer - ‘Email response is taking much longer than usual, the chat feature is recommended during TFAW business hours’

2 Likes

Great reply…
I sent 4 emails, 1st was over 2 weeks ago and it has been crickets… I will try chat tomorrow, only reason why I sent the first two emails was it was image heavy with all my damaged pictures.

I had 2 large pre orders and a small box recently. I had over 18 damages, 9 of them being ratio books. The thing that really urks me is that all the damages were not from transit/shipping. TFAW knew from the warehouse/pre screening of the books that they were damaged and TFAW shipped them anyway?.

I have been waiting months for Barbaric #1 CVR D polybag, yet last week on 2 occasions the website had 4 copies up for pre order?. But my 1 copy could not even process?

1 Like

They were more understanding and responsive, about the damages on chat. The funny thing was that I was being considerate to them, and only mentioned a few of the books out of all that were damaged - asked for an exchange or credit for return - and they gave me a credit for ALL the books, and allowed me to keep ALL the books, AND IT WASNT CHEAP ! I kept insisting that I really just wanted to address the ones that I had mentioned because I didnt want to seem that I was taking advantage of them, but they gave me the impression that their option was more easier to deal with :thinking:

1 Like

TFAW & CGC: If you don’t have their customer service numbers/emails on speed dial/favorites, you most certainly will.

In the case of Train Wreck CGC, folks just don’t give a rats @ss because of the $$$ it’s means for them; and a partial monopoly.
In the case of TFAW - getting monthly books is a competitive market. I really don’t want to talk/email/chat with you about damages even if you rectify it. I’d rather not know you at all.
It’s epidemic on these boards; and now I’m experiencing it; and all in all that’s not a good look.

1 Like

Last time I used help chat at tfaw they told me I had to use the email. So I emailed my pictures of a damaged book that I waited four months for them to fill because it was never filled because of diamond damages😂 So far no response and I emailed both help and service emails. Everyone of my orders for the last 6 months has either had late shipping, missing books, whole weeks of books missing, wrong books, damaged books, or a combination of above.

4 Likes

I did send my pics in by email first, and then called and they were able to locate my emails, and start from there. Good luck !

They always tell me to email when I go to chat as well so I usually just go to chat to get an idea when they will get to my email and how far behind they are. They appear to be running at least 2 weeks behind on emails at this time.

Sadly the damages I have been receiving from TFAW have been far to frequent and the most I have from any online comic retailer. It isn’t just shipping damages but damaged books that should have never been sent in the first place. It is just becoming too much of a hassle to have to email them on every single shipment.

3 Likes

My most recent TFAW order was perfect. First time I’ve gotten no bags or boards and the books seem to do better that way. I have to replace the bags and boards over to Mylars and fullbacks anyways. So I’m happy to lower my costs.

1 Like

Think of it like this… as an adult, you fall down the stairs and you try to brace yourself, you end up hurting yourself more (broken arm, wrist, etc) while a toddler or child just goes limp and walks away with small scratches at most.

I’ve had magazines as just themselves show up in my mailbox without any dents, bends, creases, etc… when you have more flexibility, I think it works in your favor compared to when you’re always “bracing” for an impact!

1 Like

I also have that polybagged barbaric #1 on my preorders still that has not been fulfilled, and I had added it a full 2 months before the foc date. Looking like we are not going to get them.

1 Like

Looks that way… :frowning:
I have several more…20+ that are several weeks to 3 months late that will never come :unamused: :frowning_face::man_shrugging:t2::sob:

My last big package I did the no bag/board and all arrived fine no damage in transit, almost 200 books. Now the QC/Pre screening/ and the warehouse deciding to ship out books that were damaged and they knew it?, just baffles me?..