Online Comic Store Report Card

Update on TFAW. Customer service replied to me and has offered to replace the damaged books free of charge. They have also added me to the “Do not bend” list so all future shipments will go out in better mailers. Gotta say I am impressed, kudos to TFAW.

1 Like

One would think a comic shop would just have one list for all customers, and that list would be “do not bend.”

9 Likes

This is the craziest comment I’ve heard all day.

4 Likes

What’s really crazy is how did you hear it? I can only read comments here… not hear them! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I noticed that misstatement as I was hitting send but thought, “nobody is going to catch that”. :innocent:

1 Like

Assistive technology that reads the screen for the visually impaired?

Sounds cool but it has to sound like Stephen Hawking…

2 Likes

I got a shipment from @faele’s Villain Comics. It was packed lovingly and I am pleased.

5 Likes

If I’m remembering correctly do not bend used to mean a sticker saying just on the box. They have since changed it over to the sturdier Gemini type mailers instead of the flimsier ones for do not bend customers. They haven’t been consistent with it in my experience as I never saw a do not bend sticker and I’ve had the flimsy mailers on my rare small orders. They need to be consistent and they’d rule the comic world.

1 Like

I thought it was one of those rubber stamps, not stickers.

I remember years ago they were stickers. I never did see a do not bend sticker or stamp in the the last few years.

Got my biggest TFAW order since I started getting from them. Everything was very well packaged. It took two weeks to get out this time which was a big improvement from the 3 1/2 weeks from the last one. They packaged the comics up in 2 separate bundles and surrounded them with packing peanuts. Every comic was in great shape. Fantastic job from TFAW!!

Got my order in from TFAW and everything was packaged well. Only downfall was they charged me for 3 books that I did not order and still waiting for them to solve the problem. Also out of the 5 variants only 1 was in bag and board. Luckly the way that they where packaged saved them from getting damaged. Only 1 book has a dent in the middle but it’s ok as it’s a reader copy for my youngest. 4 starts out of 5 for TFAW on this shipment.

I didn’t realize turning into Freddy Mercury was a sign my liver was dying…

Funny, but wrong thread!

He was probably drunk and didn’t put it in the right one… :wink:

1 Like

So, maybe I figured out the key to speeding up your TFAW woes.

I normally have enough books to warrant a box and for the past year, my orders from TFAW have been flawless with packing peanuts, etc.

Anyways, my most recent order of 10 books got put in a Gemini. Of course, they weren’t fully secure so they could slide around. All of them suffered a nasty corner blow.

So I took the pics, submitted all the info via email and then started a chat. I was told if the email was put in, that should be sufficient for them to get to it when they can (backlogged with tickets), which makes sense, first come, first serve.

Anywho, I stayed positive (cause come on, these are comics, not a huge deal right? not the end of the world type scenario here)… and told the rep to have a awesome day and not let any grumpy customers ruin it.

I got my first email response today, less than 24 hours later.

So like I’ve preached before, be nice to customer service reps. They didn’t pack up your box nor did they damage it by being the delivery person either. They’re here to help us when things go wrong. Kindness goes a long way I think to get things squared away… they get shit on enough for things they weren’t directly at fault over. They take the heat for others…

Anyways, just thought I’d share my own latest TFAW woe which has been the first in many moons.

3 Likes

I ordered some short boxes from a Matt’s and they arrived the following day. Packaged securely and super fast shipping. I’m not a fan of the quality but I’m switching everything over to plastic bins anyways. It’s a long process and their back ordered for months.

1 Like

My most recent TFAW order arrived quickly and securely. I’m getting less to no damages cutting out the bags and boards. They must be caught up because it only processed a few days before shipping.