Online Comic Store Report Card

I assume everyone does this anyway but make sure you look over your invoices line by line. This is from Beedas. Supposed to be cover price but was put in at $32.49 so I sent it back so he can adjust. He also undercharged me on a different incentive which I told him about as well.

UNITED STATES CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 (OF 5) CARNERO 1:50* 1 $32.49

1 Like

TFAW good -Ordered two Department of Truth #1 5th prints and they were both secret variants. That’s good!

TFAW bad- I have no idea what day or for how much I will be charged when an order processes. And yes I know about the “estimate shipping for pre-orders” tab. That doesn’t tell me when I am going to get charged and the amount is never right anyway. So I got hit with a $32 NSF fee the other day because an order processed. I had enough money in my other account so if I had known how much and what day I was going to be charged I could have just transferred the money from one account to the other. Tfaw is the only comic shop I have ever ordered from that you never know what day you will be charged or for how much until you get the e-mail and it’s already been charged to your account. That’s bad!

1 Like

I just use a credit card. When things get processed and charged, I just then pay the credit card amount same day or next day so I don’t get any interest added on my credit card (plus my credit card has points towards airline miles). Not having funds in an account used for purchases is kind of on you, not the other party I think, at least my opinion. :wink:

3 Likes

I would agree with you if every place in the history of purchasing also never told you what day or for how much they were going to charge you.

Add up costs on all pre-orders, throw in a few extra bones for the potential shipping… done! It’s still on you I think… :wink:

No. It’s not on me but that’s ok.

I have a lot of bills each month that I don’t have any idea what their final total will be, water, electric, etc that I have on auto bill pay. I just make sure I’m using an account that has enough funds to cover the costs. It’s on me if I overdraft and didn’t make sure funds were available. I see no difference here. You bought X copies of a comic on pre-order. You know you’ll be charged for them eventually, just make sure you have the funds available with the account you’re ordering with or use an account like a credit card that doesn’t depend on available funds or you get charged with overdraft. Or hell, use an account with overdraft protection that pulls from your other account. It’s a no brainer solution if you ask me.

I know you dislike them now, but just seems like you’re stretching at this point in pointing out a non-issue I think.

Just my two cents!

I have all those same bills except there is a due date and an amount told to me before I am charged so I don’t see how a company not telling when or for how much I will be charged is the same thing but you keep on keepin on my man

I stubbed my toe the other day. I blame TFAW… :wink:

I woke up this morning and my mortgage provider set me up for auto draft without my permission, and I had already made a payment… nothing like a double mortgage payment to get your July 4th weekend started off right!

That’s something to gripe about. Did it at least all apply to principle and not any interest? For the additional payment that is.

I called them early and they are returning it via a check…they’ll take it out instantly, but ohhhh you want it back… sorry its gonna take 10 days…

I would have likely told them… just apply to next months or hold it for next months. Or pay it all towards principle and no interest, to really knock down the total owed on the house. :slight_smile:

Yeah I thought about it but it’s not a small amount, and I like to have a certain amount in the bank for emergencies (I got 4 of those rugrats that can cause all sorts of problems).

It’s all good, at least they answered quickly and are working on it.

3 Likes

I have many bills set to autopay and don’t know how much they are until I get charged. That’s fairly common when you have something that’s not a set monthly cost set to autopay (as your TFAW account is).

As Poyo said, you could add up your preorders in advance so you can plan a ballpark number if you are worried it may be a bit tight.

Ideally the estimated shipping option would work, but as we all know it doesn’t as it doesn’t factor the weeks correctly.

But there is the easy fix of just doing the math from your preorders.

1 Like

You’re being nicer about it than I would be. That was a horse**** move on their part.

How about this scenario. Since you know TFAW is behind in processing orders (and even if they weren’t, there’s no guaranteed your comics are going to process and ship immediately after release day as they could have gotten damages, shorted books ,etc) anything you’ve ordered and it’s locked in, make sure you move funds into your account on the release date of the comic and leave it there, because at some point you’re gonna get charged for them. The expectation that TFAW is gonna send you a invoice total ahead of time is something they’ve never done, so why is that an issue now? They’ve always allowed pre-orders and make it very clear they can process when the a) item is available and b) ready for shipment.

This is a non issue to me and it all falls on the person placing the orders. This goes beyond TFAW. If you pre-order something and they set the expectation of processing payment at time of item received and shipping occurs which can be weeks or months out from the order date, the funds being available fall on the consumer. If you can’t have the funds readily available, then don’t pre-order shit with an account you keep zero funds in and doesn’t have over draft protection. This is a no brainer if you ask me…

Oh I wasn’t happy about it, but the deed was done…and they have billions of dollars…screaming at the poor person at 8 am (right when they started their shift for the day) wasn’t going to get me anywhere. At the very least they were helpful and somewhat fixed the situation, as best they could with the tools they had at their disposal.

1 Like

That’s the best approach. The customer service rep likely has ZERO access or involvement when something like this happens. Being nice is how one should always approach the situation. If they’re rude about it, that’s when you ask for someone else or ask for their supervisor. Remember, when you’re calling any place that has financial access on you, you don’t know these people. Piss off the wrong one and they can do a lot of damage. Treat them with respect and you’ll always be taken care of, well… most of the time.

I did tech support for an ISP long long ago. I dealt with locals here in Austin. I’d answer the phone being polite and ask how I can help them, since clearly they’re calling the technical help line. I’d get those people who were angry and just start cursing like it’s my fault, yet I’m here to help them. When you called, the customers info auto populated in our screen to start populating the incident ticket. I had access to billing info, address, names, family members names who they gave access to, SSN and a whole lot of info. Do these people not realize that if you piss off some crazy person working the tech support, the data they have on you could be damning… It’s just not wise if you ask me to ever be mean or rude to a customer service representative.

1 Like

TFAW can definitely do better by notifying customers of an upcoming charge. I have online orders with a few different places and I get a courtesy email a few days before the charge is going through. That Or it’s a set day of the month and it comes out on that set day.

2 Likes