Overstreet Price Guide #1 Gets Second Printing

The ones on ebay show the sticker that is out of 100. Mine might be out of 25. I’m not sure what this one is and I’m afraid to unseal it.

1 Like

I am the North Going Zax, and TFAW is the South going Zax. Neither of us are going to budge, and meanwhile the world goes on around us…

Yeah, if the plan was to flip this book, that sticker is so easily counterfeited…

And if you open it to see if there’s a signature, then how do you convince the buyer it’s not counterfeit?

You win this round, Oversteet…

There was a hardcover and a softcover released, signed and unsigned for each.

There was a limited edition of 400 for the hard cover, so I’m guessing some lesser number of that for the signed hardcover? Maybe 25 signed? There were supposedly 100 of the softcover signed.

Except the TFAW listing says:

This hardcover edition is limited to 100 numbered copies signed by creator, author and publisher Robert M. Overstreet

Yours says “A/P” Which usually means artist’s proof in other contexts. This is certainly a mystery and a conundrum.

Everybody feel free to poke holes in my info here. I’m getting the increasing feeling that I have no idea what I’m talking about.

These are the three solicits I see on Previews:

DEC201495
OVERSTREET CBPG #1 2ND PTG SC FACSIMILE ED

The celebration of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide 's landmark 50th anniversary continues with this special facsimile edition of the famous, rare blue cover edition, the second printing of the first Guide from 1971, complete with minor corrections and additional vintage advertisements. When the first printing sold out, the Guide was on its way to becoming The Bible of serious comic book collectors, dealers and historians. High grade copies of Overstreet #1 go for thousands of dollars, but now here’s your chance to get a beautiful facsimile edition, complete with the original price listings and more!

DEC201496
OVERSTREET CBPG #1 2ND PTG HC FACSIMILE ED

The celebration of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide’s landmark 50th anniversary continues with this special facsimile edition of the famous, rare blue cover edition, the second printing of the first Guide from 1971, complete with minor corrections and additional vintage advertisements. When the first printing sold out, the Guide was on its way to becoming The Bible of serious comic book collectors, dealers and historians. High grade copies of Overstreet #1 go for thousands of dollars, but now here’s your chance to get a beautiful facsimile edition, complete with the original price listings and more! This hardcover edition is limited to 400 copies.

DEC201497
OVERSTREET CBPG #1 2ND PTG FACSIMILE ED LTD S&N HC

The celebration of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide’s landmark 50th anniversary continues with this special facsimile edition of the famous, rare blue cover edition, the second printing of the first Guide from 1971, complete with minor corrections and additional vintage advertisements. When the first printing sold out, the Guide was on its way to becoming The Bible of serious comic book collectors, dealers and historians. High grade copies of Overstreet #1 go for thousands of dollars, but now here’s your chance to get a beautiful facsimile edition, complete with the original price listings and more! This hardcover edition is limited to 100 numbered copies signed by creator, author and publisher Robert M. Overstreet!

1 Like

I think you have it right.
I purchase many S&N Hardcover Editions and it is very common to have the “AP” editions in addition to the numbered editions. So I think the S&N Hardcover is limited to 100 numbered copies and 25 AP editions. Sometimes they don’t list the AP as they’re supposed to go out to family members, friends, folks in the business, etc…
At least, that was the original intent of AP.

Essentially there will be 125 Signed/Numbered H/C editions (100 numbered; 25 AP)
400 Unsigned Hardcovers
And the rest are unlimited S/C editions

I might be wrong also, but based on what I’ve read and piecemealed together I think this might be somehwat accurate?

I think I’m going to give the publisher a call on Monday.

I definitely wouldnt open it or sell it anytime soon.

I will try to resist the temptation.

If you don’t mind me asking, what does your invoice say? Did you order hits from Diamond or TFAW?

I ordered it from Midtown

It says the following:
Item(s) Count: 1
Remarks: I203/3698

my order # is at the top

I meant what was the description. I bet something got hosed up.

That’s all my invoice said. This is what I ordered on the website:

Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Vol 1 2nd Printing Facsimile Edition HC Limited Signed & Numbered Edition

How To & Reference

1 Like

I messaged Gemstone Publishing on Facebook and they told me this:

“What that means is that you’re one of two people who got an Author’s Proof copy from Bob Overstreet’s personal stash. Two of the regular 1-of-100 Signed & Numbered editions were withdrawn from circulation and they were replaced by two of the 1-of-25 copies from Bob’s copies.”

8 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty stoked. I kinda want to open it still. I have no intentions of selling it.

I asked if it was numbered the same on the inside and was told this:
“The same numbering should be on the inside, on the signature sheet.”

1 Like

Why does Bob need 25 copies?

1 Like

I mean I’d take 25 of something I created if offered. In my line of biz / past gigs / experiences, these are great “gifts” to certain people.

1 Like

I ordered one from TFAW and my current LCS. I have neither nor comms that or if / when I’m getting my copy…

1 Like

Got the one from my LCS today. No word on TFW yet.

Assuming I was on the list of those allocated, which happens.

Copy I have is 20/100