Peach Momoko

Based on his hair that’s a zero-g toilet which is just no fun for anyone involved.

2 Likes

So basically a scam. Lol. I do not trust him or Comic Tom. Just personal feelings.

1 Like

I’ve heard of Comic Tom but have never watched him or supported any of his things that ask for money. Who is this Russ fellow, however? I ask so I can avoid them…

Russ runs the comic store Tom works for. He’s in many of his top 10 videos.

Russ is good people, not sure what you guys are on about. They are planning to spice up the Patreon stuff. Already released a Patreon exclusive a few months ago.

1 Like

I am sure he is a perfectly nice guy. Just not a fan of his “pay me for spec and to buy comics from me”plan. I am not a huge fan of store variants either. There is no draw there for me. Plus what I have read from others who have shopped from him (see above for some of the comments) just makes me want to steer clear. As for Comic Tom, again, it’s not a personal thing. The idea of selling exclusives and boxes while trying to talk spec leads to a conflict of interest. Imagine if CHU did that every month. Here are the hot books of the month, now buy this exclusive from us only available in our mystery box. People have influence and it’s not always the best way to monitize what you are doing. Yes, I have done exclusives in the past. No, I have never made them a part of a mystery box full of other “key comics” and always kept the price point cheap, below $10.

2 Likes

Not sure if you guys understood, but the Patreon sub is mostly for people who don’t have an LCS nearby. So you are basically paying $10 for a physical pullbox at Russ’s store and he sends the comics weekly for no additional shipping costs if you are in the US, plus he offers 10% off cover price for all comics. Thing is I’m not located in the US, so this works even better for me. The fact that he now plans to offer exclusives and ratios for patrons is a welcome bonus.

Regarding Tom’s MMC, you’re paying $36. It’s not really that much when all of those monthly exclusives are selling for at least $30/piece on ebay.

Interesting about the Pullbox thing. I know Third Eye Comics does it for free. $5 unlimited shipping in the US. No Patreon fees.

CBSI basically pumping and dumping exclusives is why I stopped using them. I trusted them when I first got into speculation. You live and learn. I like Jimmy Lunguini(Alex) and his podcast and website but he’s an admitted self destructive and toxic person who kind of just pushed everyone he was working with away from him. Now he doesn’t post much or do a podcast or anything. I liked his magazine spec articles and Nicos golden age articles.

CHU was actually one of the first sites I found when searching for spec sites and I’ve been using it for 2-3 years. I’ve had an account since the new forums got migrated or something or other but only really started posting recently.

1 Like

Mail arrived… I totally forgot I even ordered this book…

What’s it going for, like $200 or so? Not a bad buy in at $25 I think after I had to dig for the order number to look up.

I told you you said you ordered one.

I mean if you forgot you ordered it and don’t want it I’ll gladly pay you your cost for it!

:rofl:

Need to start making a list! Great accidental find.

That was so long ago… I totally forgot I actually ordered one until it arrived on my doorstep.

Can I trade it for TFAW credit? :slight_smile:

Dude. I sold mine for $175 in two hours.

Will you sell mine for me?

yeah, send it on up

I’m waiting for mine to come in. Ordered two. Will definitely let it go for that mark yo to buy an older book.

Ghost Rider annual Return of Vengeance

Eastsidecomics.

2 Likes

Nice, too bad it’s a store variant.