Quick Specs: Strange Academy #1

No Strange Academy at my LCS no books that have even came out since January on the racks. Didn’t leave empty handed scored a high grade full run 1-6 Aliens first Dark Horse for $25

Wasn’t even planning on flipping through the back issues and the Aliens was under V while I was searching for Venom back issues.

We all know some group will corner the market on the 2nd print #1…The 2nd print with an all new, all exciting cover!

…and they’ll say the print run is only 73 or something like that…while selling hundreds.

2 Likes

Wrong… there’s 75, I just bought 73 with the 2 I already own… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They won’t get all of them, but I sincerely hope they drive the prices up on SA 1 2nd prints… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We’ll see if that issue is on their radar… Second prints are all the rage now so it will be interesting to see if it is targeted. I wonder how long it is before the secondary market adopts it as the “one to get”. Not sure what the print run is on the 2nd but I can’t imagine it would be very high.Maybe two to three thousand? Just a guess.

10k+

I gobble up multiple copies of SA #1, got some signed, and buying up 2 and 3. This has Disney + written all over it. I let a couple of non-comic readers look at #1 and both asked - when is the movie?

I have 2- #1, and 1- 1:25 variant that I’m holding on to for the long hold gamble.

People seem to like it enough. I would think at least one of the characters introduced gets popular over time maybe more, especially if Marvel pushes them.

Doubt it. FOC hit before the first prints went nuclear. A lot of online shops still had copies. Many sold out of the 2nd print 2 weeks ago. Midtown sold out in minutes.

There will be a flood on Wednesday though…so might be worth holding and ride out that initial wave…I think it has the best cover of all variants to date for issue 1…although I do like cover A as a close second.

Looks like it is already happening.
2nd print on eBay prices are crazy

Bunch of aholes with $30 listings sitting next to $3 listings for the same book

9.8 of the 1:50 just sold at auction for $660

I betcha Matt Page claims theres only 800… :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t see any $3 listings.

Don’t worry…they last mere seconds…and it’s back to $17-$18 plus shipping,

They’re not a-holes,they’re idiots.

Always check the going price before listing anything…if you’re listing without research you’ve already lost…

1 Like

Is there a minimum print run that does not get reported in the comichron numbers?

Since SA1 1st print sold out months ago, the numbers that show up in comichron for this month should all be 2nd print.

Not sure. I think at one point they always seem to cut off in the upper 100s…