Robin King 1st App?

Because that’s the market reacting. How many other “firsts” have happened and nobody cared? DC has no idea what character is gonna blow up or not. When they do try to push new characters, they usually backfire… hrrmmm… Crush… cough cough…

1 Like

You all expect too much from Crush her Dads 1st appearance was a $5 NM+ book for decades. Naomi was a surprise all though prices have plummeted.

I didn’t, I thought she was dumb… and I predicted her first was gonna turn out to be a whole lot of nothing… man, I’m not usually right but shit, I’ll brag about that drek pick… :wink:

Well whether it’s intentional or not…

DC has put a new characters cameo in the main title, then first full app in a lesser printed tie in

BWL
Punchline
RK

Whether intentional or not. It has happened. And those are probably the 3 DC first apps with the most heat at release over the last couple of years unless I’m forgetting someone.

1 Like

It’s just how the story is told and unfolds. How many other villains were introduced at the same time as BWL?

Punchline was just Tynion being a turd.

Snyder isn’t wrong when he said Robin King shows up in DM2… seems like collectors want the first full super duper appearance in a book so they can claim “best book to own”… instead of just focusing on the story being told and what I think should realize that the creators don’t give two rats asses about what’s a cameo, first, first cover… etc… Except maybe Tynion cause he’s just playing games but honestly, if you look at what Tynion even stated about Punchline in an article, he mentioned all 3 books well ahead of FOC… so that was on retailers and consumers not paying attention to order the books.

I’m not saying it was intentional. Just I get why people think it as their three most hyped characters on release day had their appearances line up that way.

:man_shrugging:

Like Father like daughter…Crush will have her day, but probably will be a while before she catches on.

I agree, though, DC overhyped her and everyone was the wiser and loaded up…so supply equaled demand…still a good one to hold.

It’s not a bad thing…DC is just promoting its books by letting some spoilers out a little early.

Actually what was bad was when The Wedding that wasn’t (Batman 50) got spoiled right before all those planned wedding celebrations at comic shops around the world…that’s kind of when Batman started to slide…I thought it was a great story twist…

speculators…not so much.

I mean, that’s what we want/why we read comics, right?

Oh I know… it’s marketing and smart. I’ve already expressed my :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Bravo DC… Bravo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: which was being funny and serious at the same time. :slight_smile:

I knew Batman wouldn’t get married… all those nerds who thought it was actually gonna happen… meh… :wink:

I’m in the Saint Louis region and 2 of my shops seemed to be decently stocked and were preventing folks from granbbing too many. They clearly don’t know the best stores, lol.

1 Like

Yeah. In my area it was hit or miss. One shop I went to had about 10 copies still on the shelf when I went at 5pm. Another one I hit after was cleaned out.

This is SO FUNNY. I actually JUST wrote the Poor Boy owner too. I got a 1:25 and 5 regular versions of Legends. All in perfect condition and the 1:25 was well protected with bag and board AND hard sleeve. Even the receipt was nicely folded in an envelope.

Ironically, I live in Vegas where they are located and I have never heard of them. They may be new, but they will definitely have a repeat customer in me.

1 Like

I have Legends, and from what I can tell Robin King in Legends appears to be different from the RobGoblin that is offered the position in DM2. I didn’t get the Bruce Wayne vibe from the RobGoblin in DM2, unless I missed something?

Correct that is what I asked, yes.

No, I didnt buy the 1:25. If I cant buy at cover… I skip.

Is it true they announced the date for this book a day before final order cut off. I’m no comics Tom fan, but his top ten video has the 1:25 as his number 1 and they were Complaining about that. I had no idea. So DC did this for Hell Arisen 3 as well. Apparently they couldn’t get a lot of the people who preordered it way early enough their books. So according to them they limited orders. Will be interesting to see how much this book really sits out a few months from now. Wish I had more than two but I’ll take it.

I have no idea what you’re saying.

Are you saying DC limited orders ? DC doesnt do this.

UCS and Lunar did not limit orders. I got my order and also got my reorder of Legends.

Look on Ebay. It’s flooded. Stores ordered a TON.