Robin King 1st App?

No way! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, who is this Captain Carrot and why have I not heard of him? He looks AWESOME!!!

Ah, Tynion is writing it… meh…

Does DC have anyone else writing books? Is it me or does it seem like it’s either Snyder or Tynion…

Fine, I’ll throw in some CHU buttons as well…

1 Like

He is on Cover A but it looks so pitiful compared to the 1:25. Apparently, he isn’t a new character.

You need to hit the one on route 1. The main store as i call it. All the rest are in malls and generally get snatched up quick cause its an easy place to go. I can usually cal the girl who runs the one near me the night before Nd hVe stuff put aside for me if i want.

1 Like

I’m no where near Route 1 unfortunately. I’m in the central/western part of the state.

The one I go to isn’t in a mall. And I can talk to them before they go on sale so I know what they have.

I ordered plenty of the Legends A cover, so I was really just looking to grab the 1:25 but they didn’t get it.

I was told a while back by an employee the variants don’t correlate to the number of books that particular store gets. Corporate or whoever just spreads out the variants Randomly throughout the stores. And this fit as at the time I was looking for a 1:25 (which they had and I got below ratio when it was double ratio on eBay) but they only got 4 copies of the main cover which all went to pulls.

Because all DC cares about right now is the bat family. Ha

Forbidden Planet has cancelled all the DNDM #3 Opena (aka Federici) variants I ordered, days after cancelling my Mahnke 1:25. If DC supposedly overprinted Death Metal #3, it doesn’t appear to be these covers…

Way too many copies on eBay. Some sellers have 12+ copies available. If you’re not selling out in an hour why show so many copies available? Doesn’t seem to be the smartest play.

Because they are likely larger stores who don’t want to spend the time monitoring their inventory.

After two of my preorder places cancelled my Federici orders, I made sure I got ahold of one in hand from a retailer who got an early shipment.

The bird in the hand better than two in the bush thing and all…

Who won?

1 Like

Ha.

I was in line first (if you call the two of us a line). He stopped off at the counter first to ask. I went to the rack as I talked to them the day before and knew there was only going to be one on the rack. The problem was there seems to be no darn rhyme or reason to how they put books on the shelf (and this isn’t my LCS either so I don’t know their system well). So I still hadn’t found it when he got to the shelf. We both find it the same time and both reached for it. He let me have it as I was there first.

I hope he did end up with one, he was quickly off to another shop, as I ended up with 3.

1 Like

Like three men and a comic book!

1 Like

That is an accurate recreation @D-Rog

Years ago when i drove for a living i was in maine and the manager there had all the variNts. I was told they ship them to stores that are struggling. The variants help drive traffic to those stores. A few months ago I was basicLly told the same thing from the girl that runs the Nattick shop. If i really wanted a variant, sign up/ call the “main” shop on route 1.

1 Like

No I did not say DC limited orders I said they pulled a Hell Arisen 3 and announced the Legenda 1:25 cover release date one single day after FOC for that book according to Tom in this video. Im solely basing my initial comment on his video so if he is wrong you all would know better than me. So comics Toms shop and others from what I hear who ordered like 21 copies only ended up with 9 copies and thus lots of angry customers who did in fact preorder early enough to insure a copy.

Uh oh a Tynion hater? How anyone can talk smack after his recent run on Batman is beyond me. I think he is a FAR better writer than Snyder. Just my opinion of course.

I was at my LCS and had the 1:100 in my hand for DM#1 and had three tics and was like no way this is the 1:100 cover I must be mistaken and put it back on the rack.