Sell those Venom #3's ASAP

I believe Ben was the only character not to be resurrected. However, even Ben made a return in one of the Spider-Verse books not too long ago… everybody comes back eventually.

1 Like

Marvel = Pet Sematary

3 Likes

It’s all in the contract details that none of us have access to. I doubt Marvel would have given future characters rights automatically to Sony for all movies before they’re even thought of… but let’s see the contract instead of just blowing hot air back and forth.

6 Likes

Agreed. :100:. Thats what I was alluding to.

1 Like

Even Uncle Ben finally came back in Clone Conspiracy. Slott finally crossed a sacrosanct uncrossable line in the Spidey mythos.

2 Likes

Buying opportunity. Going to load up if they drop

1 Like

He gets stripped of his powers

No I’m not sure I thought he first came up in Venom. If his first app comes in Thor then you are correct it wouldn’t be owned by Sony. My apologies

1 Like

It depends on your definition of key. I feel that most collectors consider first apps, cameos, deaths etc as key books. I completely agree on Cates tho.

1 Like

Poyo made me aware he first shows up in Thor so he wouldn’t be owned by Sony. I was wrong. I don’t see Feige touching Knull with a thousand foot pole tho any time soon. Best bet would be some animated feature. There’s just so many better Villains out there and Feige sticks to his plan.

This is true. :100:

1 Like

Here’s my definition
download

5 Likes

Never had one so I don’t have to worry about it :slight_smile:
I’m kind of glad I never pulled the trigger on Venom #9 2nd print. That book cooled off a bit price-wise.

Check out flashpoint. Thomas Wayne even came into the current universe for a bit.

If Sony was to make more of a deal with Marvel and bring Venom Characters into the MCU mix I could see Knull show up…But it would be a ways off at best.

Originally I liked Cates quite a bit. Once he started his incessant self-hyping what with “WHATEVER ISSUE BLAH BLAH IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!” and then nothing of significance whatsoever occurring, I gradually came to see him as a man who bought into his own hype. What came after was different, but of little substance. This King in Black event feels like a convoluted, bloated, and pointless mess with all signs pointing towards a major shift in opinion in regard to his writing. We shall see.

6 Likes

Cates is dead to me. I gave away all my Venom #3s. Couldn’t stand to even look at them. Huhuhuhu

1 Like

I enjoyed Redneck for the first 2 arcs, and then I did enjoy his Thanos run, though I do think Lemires run on that same series was a better read. Cates completely lost me at Absolute Carnage because that story was a convoluted, contrived mess. It was a slow loss of my faith in Cates stories from the former to the latter. His online personality is also a huge turn off for me. He doesn’t come across as a genuine person, to me. :beers:

That made me chuckle. Well put. :+1:

2 Likes

He’s not dead. His real name is Mac Gargan.

1 Like

His name is Robert Paulson.

1 Like