Solid Blood #17

If it’s something I really want? Yes. And who knows I may have a daughter out there somewhere.

Take no offense but that’s just sad. Lying to get a deal is just sad… you might have a daughter out there but she’s not getting those books you ordered for her.

Must’ve been Robert Kirkmans burner ebay account

None taken. Well sure she can have them when I die. Idk why I said my daughter anyway. I don’t know why I didn’t say son as I have one of those.

Whats ur ebay handle so i can block you?

You can find it in the sales category.

I guess if holding a seller responsible and leaving honest feedbacks an issue with you please block me.

Yeah but from your logic, you say it’s “okay to lie” to make the deal because “you want it”. By the same logic, the seller who fulfilled the bigger orders first and canceled the smaller orders clearly fulfilled the orders from buyers who “wanted it more” since they ordered more… I can’t see the justification of leaving them negative feedback if you lie to get what you want as a buyer. :wink:

Hopefully you can sense the double standard here right? Lying is bad. Even to score the deal, because you want it doesn’t make it right. We should hold sellers and buyers to the same standards equally. Everyone is quick to rag on a seller on eBay but there’s just as many “bad buyers” as well…

6 Likes

I am not leaving negative feedback for my Solid Blood #17 order being cancelled. Just gonna put it out there, anyone leaving negative feedback for this guy is just being salty their order got cancelled. You are assuming it was cancelled for nefarious reasons when we really don’t know. He has been on ebay since 1998 and has 14000 positive feedbacks. I dont think he is in the habit of trying to screw people over on purpose. I just don’t see a reason to leave them a negative when I can’t confirm he is lying to me. Now if someone sees him selling them for triple cover price thats a different story but as of right now I have no evidence that’s the case

1 Like

Who is the seller?

You were probably buying from the other Kirkham of Skybound comics he saw the book go for more than cover and he pulled them all to send to cgc for more skybound mystery boxes😂

In my case I knew it was wrong to claim it was for a person who doesn’t exist but it was out of my mouth before I knew it. In my defense the seller got the same amount either way and went away with the feeling of doing something good. Will I play on a persons emotions to win? Yup. Sorry but I’m looking out for myself and mine first. That $100 will turn into a minimum of $350.

As far as leaving negative feedback I don’t just do it on a lark. I strive to leave detailed and honest feedback. Im not going to leave a negative because I suspect something. I’m leaving it for those that have earned it through bad packaging combined with bad service. Scammers and people selling bootlegs usually get no mercy though.

He flat out told me he filled the large orders of 83, 100 , etc and didnt fill 50+ smaller orders. I made the very first purchase, why wouldn’t I be salty when my order wasn’t filled while 300 copies “supposedly” were? He didn’t say orders weren’t filled because of damage, he said he was blindly selling 400+ copies in “hopes” of getting the 600 he ordered. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So the seller is looking out for himself as well, so again, by your logic, they’re doing nothing wrong cause they can cancel pre-orders and sell them for a higher cost perhaps? Couldn’t a seller claim that you lying that you’re buying something for your non-existent “daughter” that they’re being scammed? You claim no harm but you also claim the seller likely walked away feeling good they sold something going to a kid, which was a complete lie. Would you want someone to lie to you to make the “sell”? How would you feel? It’s okay though right? As long as they’re doing it for themselves and looking out for their own interests first right?

Sorry, I still can’t justify lying in any circumstance to “get your what you want”… nothing good comes out of lying. No offense but I can’t back what you’re saying. It’s wrong and unethical if you ask me.

1 Like

I agree. I purchased my comics when 10 were sold. I believe I was the 2nd order. Why would the 1st and 2nd get cancelled? Also note that we purchased at cover and then the price increased to $19.99 for a while. Then eventually back to near cover. But there were plenty of sales at $19. Did those get cancelled? I was monitoring this auction closely to determine demand, etc.

This is the epitome of negative feedback. I don’t give negative feedback as a vendetta. I give negative feedback when someone has been unusually bad.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad though, Toddw says it’s okay cause they were likely looking out for themselves and own interests so it’s perfectly okay. At least he didn’t seem to lie to you and was probably honest by saying, hey, I sold to the big orders first, they wanted it more… :wink:

1 Like

Two completely and incomparable things. The seller in my case got exactly what he wanted and was told a story by a complete stranger about it being a gift for a kid. A story that sealed the deal & expedited shipping. Yes they still have that good feeling because they don’t know the truth. You know the small lie about it being for a daughter when in fact it’ll probably go to my son when I die because I can’t sell my books.

The other seller that canceled all the small orders, 50 separate people, deserves negative feedback. Sounds like they canceled the small dollar amount sales in favor of the higher.

I’m not overly concerned about your feelings and how much it clearly upsets you because you’ve never told a lie. I have the courage to at least own it. So maybe take a deep breath and realize how unimportant it is before you get more upset.

Not at all anything I’ve said. Just your conclusions in comparing two different situations.

I ordered the moment someone posted a link in the forums. I’m sure I ordered before a lot of people as well. People make mistakes. Orders get cancelled. People get refunded. I’ll be alright. I still see leaving negative feedback over this as just being salty your order didn’t get filled. If that is reason enough for you to leave negative feedback that is your choice. I just see it differently and don’t see a reason for it.

Which is not called for to begin with though. Why lie if it made no difference?

Again, what was the point of the story if it didn’t change how much he was charging in the first place? Sounds like you lied when you didn’t even need to lie.

Why, they likely told the truth? Maybe a neutral is warranted but not a negative if you ask me. Now if they tried to keep the money, then maybe they deserve a negative… The seller was probably thinking like you… "I’m looking out for myself and mine first. "… so there’s nothing wrong in what he did, he was trying to “seal the deal” in selling as many as he could.

That’s the thing, I’m just expressing my opinion on the matter. Nothing you’ve said “hurt me or my feelings”. I’m just trying to understand your logic by claiming one thing and arguing another. To me, you live with some double standards and I don’t understand your logic in lying to get what you feel is owed. To me, it’s wrong. Do I lie myself, sometimes but not for my own gain and never to “seal the deal” with complete nonsense stories to try and woo people to give me a deal on something.

Again, how would you feel if you found out you sold me something after I lied to you to “seal the deal”? You would be perfectly fine right? Since “I’m looking out for myself and mine first.” right? You have to admit, according to your logic, you will be perfectly fine being lied to in order to “seal the deal”…

2 Likes