Solid Blood #17

Besides comic-book stores, Target is my favorite store ever. I love shopping there.

1 Like

The eBay seller who was selling Solid Blood 17 (tons of copies) is now cancelling. Said Diamond did not send.

If something is too good to be true

Yep, his story is: he sold 400 copies, had orders for 600 copies, and only received 300 copies. I asked him why that would affect my order, as I made the very FIRST purchase of 10 copies? :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Good point. I purchased the 2nd 5.

Edit: I just responded with your good point. I was most likely the 2nd purchaser with 5 copies. Why should I not get mine?

Because the seller is full of shit and can sell them for more than what you paid.

7 Likes

Well I had a copy pre-ordered from TFAW and when my preorders processed a week early yesterday, it was not included in my shipment. So something wacky is going on.

Yeap I got that message from him too just a little while ago

This is one reason I only pre-order from reputable businesses/retailers and never pre-order books off eBay. You just save yourself from the potential headaches that come about

4 Likes

Still. If the seller got 300 copies. Then certainly some buyers should get there order. Unless there is a big scam. This guy offered to cancel my order. Like he was doing me a favor. Lol

At least my 1 copy from Midtown came in the mail today.

It’s always a line of bs when a book is going 5 times cover and they cancel on you

2 Likes

This seller said he fulfilled the very large orders in full. And that he didn’t fulfill based on who ordered first. The large order folks made out well (if true) at the expense of others.

This also implies that the person who ordered 100 copies will probably start to undercut.

Nice!

That response makes zero sense
and as such, I call bullshit. It’s simply a crappy seller
nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

Yeah, suppose to fulfill based on orders placed

3 Likes

I think he is going to cancel all our orders (based on an email I just received). He wasn’t willing to even send me 1 copy. I wonder what impact a handful of negative feedbacks have on a seller. Probably doesn’t make a difference.

This is the gist. So that others know the status.

Unfortunately, I made the choice to fill the handful of very large orders first as opposed to simply going by the date that orders were received. At the time I made this choice, it seemed prudent since I was confident I would soon have all of the books in hand. Clearly this was a tactical error as now I am left with having to contact more than 50 buyers with this bad news instead of just a handful.

My take: I think I am just going to do negative feedback and move with life.

3 Likes

This is definitely the best thing you can do. His story sounds pretty made up, but unfortunately, by design ebay is filled with a bunch of people who will do anything to make an extra buck. This definitely includes screwing people over and selling books that have already been promised to others for a higher rate.

2 Likes

It does impact them if they get enough negatives. Even if they’re still able to sell, sometimes their listings won’t show up in searches or get pushed way down in the results I think or at least read at one time. Not sure if it’s entirely accurate but wouldn’t surprise me if poor seller ratings gets less exposure to buyers.

1 Like

If a sellers a jerk leave negative feedback. I don’t hesitate myself. It’s quite satisfying seeing a 100% Positive Feedback go down to less because they did everything wrong. It really drives them batty and they’ll usually justify it by sending you nasty messages afterwards. So no guilt. Leave honest feedback is my mantra.

1 Like

That’s the thing though, is it worth a negative cause they canceled? Anyone can cancel for a number of reasons, if it’s bullshit or not.

The times I want to leave a negative is when you’re trying to sort the issues out like decent humans and when they’re not willing or acting like a dick, then it’s worthwhile to leave a negative.

It’s like when leaving a tip for a waiter or waitress, you really gotta mess up to get a tip less than 15% from me. Some people are way to quick to leave negative and that’s why the feedback system is a joke to begin with.

I think this seller has engineered things to ensure these buyers cannot leave negative feedback. I think you are seeing more and more sellers who use this tactic; end result is they can do whatever they pretty much want with zero ramifications. You cannot even “block” sellers from search results.

1 Like

Yes. I ordered 5 copies. I said I would accept 2 copies and a refund for 3 as a middle ground. That middle ground was not accepted. But yet, the person who ordered 100 copies after me got all of the order.

I don’t typically (or ever) give negative feedback. But this is pretty lame and more a matter of principle. The market is flooded with these books and they should hit $10 pretty soon.

2 Likes