Solid Blood #17

No I’m not saying to leave negative feedback every time a seller cancels but I’m this situation I would. If I was the first to place an order I’d expect at least some of the books. I mean the seller said there honoring big orders when to me they should be trying to satisfy as many customers as possible. The story stinks because the books selling at a premium.

1 Like

That is if you believe he actually fulfilled any orders.

These books were not pre-orderable by retailers, were they? I know I could not pre-order them. Diamond allocated each store a set amount from my understanding, and I doubt this guy was allocated 100s.

1 Like

It was open to orders for a day or so.

Yeah, which is crappy cause at one time you could leave negative for “user experience” if the transaction was canceled. I know, it happened to me once…

I’m sure you all read the story before. It was complete BS… the buyer threw me an offer saying he could only afford X amount. So I took the offer. An hour passed by and I had another copy so I listed it. The same buyer actually put in an offer for that book as well. “Oh, you said you could only afford X amount, why are you trying to buy another one at my other BIN price without trying to haggle me on the price?”

So I canceled and he left negative. I contacted eBay and they said it was perfectly legit based on buyer experience, despite me showing them the proof of him making an offer cause he couldn’t afford more than the amount he offered yet an hour later was dumb enough to make an offer from the same seller (me) for more than his other offer he had yet to pay for. So I smelled a scam and canceled as he lost all trust. So he left a negative without a transaction ever occurring… it was total and complete BS…

1 Like

Ya, this is a frequent issue. I rarely buy anything from ebay, but if I do, I check seller ratings. If they have a negative rating or 2, I read them to make sure they aren’t just “he hurt my feelings”.

It sounds like it was a negotiation tactic. Christ I told a guy the other day I wanted a set of books for my daughter. He was happy to sell to me and my non existent daughter appreciated it. I paid the same amount as another potential buyer offered but because of my “story” I got it.

Was it a book that doesn’t come up often? Maybe he had a set price and you went so far below it he had enough to buy another at full price?

It was Return of Wolverine #1 NYCC Glow in the Dark variant. I think I had it listed for $80, he offered $7.75 less to basically cover shipping, said he couldn’t spend more than $80. So I took the offer. An hour later he submits offer on the my next listing I posted of same book… (Yes, I had a few after NYCC)… but hadn’t paid for the other one. So yeah, he was likely going around trying to buy several copies and yes, I think I was the lowest priced at the time. Maybe he was trying to buy some to flip but don’t expect someone to fulfill your first sob story offer and you’re dumb enough to send “someone” else an offer.

I think his daughter lent him some :moneybag:

1 Like

Wait, you tell people you’re buying for a daughter you don’t even have to get a deal? :man_facepalming:

If it’s something I really want? Yes. And who knows I may have a daughter out there somewhere.

Take no offense but that’s just sad. Lying to get a deal is just sad… you might have a daughter out there but she’s not getting those books you ordered for her.

Must’ve been Robert Kirkmans burner ebay account

None taken. Well sure she can have them when I die. Idk why I said my daughter anyway. I don’t know why I didn’t say son as I have one of those.

Whats ur ebay handle so i can block you?

You can find it in the sales category.

I guess if holding a seller responsible and leaving honest feedbacks an issue with you please block me.

Yeah but from your logic, you say it’s “okay to lie” to make the deal because “you want it”. By the same logic, the seller who fulfilled the bigger orders first and canceled the smaller orders clearly fulfilled the orders from buyers who “wanted it more” since they ordered more… I can’t see the justification of leaving them negative feedback if you lie to get what you want as a buyer. :wink:

Hopefully you can sense the double standard here right? Lying is bad. Even to score the deal, because you want it doesn’t make it right. We should hold sellers and buyers to the same standards equally. Everyone is quick to rag on a seller on eBay but there’s just as many “bad buyers” as well…

6 Likes

I am not leaving negative feedback for my Solid Blood #17 order being cancelled. Just gonna put it out there, anyone leaving negative feedback for this guy is just being salty their order got cancelled. You are assuming it was cancelled for nefarious reasons when we really don’t know. He has been on ebay since 1998 and has 14000 positive feedbacks. I dont think he is in the habit of trying to screw people over on purpose. I just don’t see a reason to leave them a negative when I can’t confirm he is lying to me. Now if someone sees him selling them for triple cover price thats a different story but as of right now I have no evidence that’s the case

1 Like

Who is the seller?

You were probably buying from the other Kirkham of Skybound comics he saw the book go for more than cover and he pulled them all to send to cgc for more skybound mystery boxes😂