Something is Killing the Children coming to Netflix

There should be rules to homages… something like, must be out for more than a year before you can homage a cover. :wink:

I mean, the ink has barely dried yet on Nice House on the Lake #1

4 Likes

“…the first spin-off of…”

1 Like

Awesome. Let’s have an entire Tynion-verse. I like being entertained.

I feel sad for people saying the spin-off is a dead spec right off the gate. I hope they abide by what they say and not buy 1. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Speculators will say its dead spec or don’t buy it cause it’ll be a big print run but then go.and buy 20 copies lol

4 Likes

Gotta keep business going by turning off people not to go hard on it lol

1 Like

All I want for Christmas is Samara Weaving as Erica.

5 Likes

Haven’t we all learned the big print run, small print run, pre-foc talk etc means nothing once deman outweighs supply? Watch when the show gets made how many non-book readers will double bacc for copies. Idk imma still grab some copies. I foolishly seen all the SIKTC books from start at my old LCS sit for weeks and didnt buy any at $3.99 now with me preordering books at $2.59 it’s an easy gamble IMO.

3 Likes

Also remember, speculators push the print run numbers up… initial orders are not based on initial demand for most comics. This is why the seldom collectors and readers aren’t seeking out every freaking comic they want to read out of previews.

So many factors at play when it comes to demand, supply vs demand and availability, etc.

It’s why I preach, demand is simply demand. It’s the driving force to create value. The other components only come into play after demand has kicked in. For anything to be valuable, there has to be demand, either organic or even false (FOMO, pump and dump, etc).

4 Likes

It is demand relative to supply (or supply relative to demand). If demand is more than supply, price would go up until the point where demand meets supply at that price. Economics 101.

The usual term is Supply vs Demand. When demand goes up, supply usually I consider is you can still find at the retailer level and then availability is how many are available overall, on the retailer and the secondary market. Without demand, supply and availability are both moot. Demand is the driving force behind value. But yes, as supplies and or availability become harder to come by with demand staying the same or rising, then yes, you will see the value really start to take off.

Its demand RELATIVE to supply. The demand must be higher than the supply (in this I would take all available supply, even those hidden in one way or another) in order for price to go up. Even if all the people in the world want a copy of the comic, but there are more copies than people in the world, price would not change.

Of course, I can take the point that in a market where supply tends to be limited given that demand is uncertain, prices might be more demand led.

We’re saying the same thing, you’re just saying it differently. In the end, without DEMAND, there is no value or increase in value. That’s still the driving force to create or produce perceived value.

1 Like

Limited supply can create its own demand. I usually just buy limited variants as the regular covers generally are not worth the effort.

I demand this discussion stop supplying this thread pointless dribble.

2 Likes

We call that false or FOMO demand… If you want something only because its limited… Meh.

So says the one who brought up his “deck woes” in a topic about ratio variants… Pfffttt

1 Like

Agree. Point is if there is already other demand for some other reason e.g. pretty cover or first appearance, limited supply would create further demand.

3 Likes

Yeah so here comes the FCBD shortage lol

1 Like