Something is Killing the Children

I skimmed an Ashcan. It’s basically just a preview of issue 21 in black-and-white.

There is supposed to be a new character and new monsters. Ive been told that anyway.

2 Likes

I believe Erica Slaughter’s in a new town… so there will be new characters. It’s a matter of whether they will be of any substance going forward I suppose. And a new type of monster as Torgo mentioned. Solicitations refer to a mysterious person following her but doesn’t sound like that person gets revealed in issue 1.

3 Likes

This is why Boom paused the series people were getting hip to Boom’s hype machine. Ash can, one per store, boom exclusive, secret cover, 2nd print ratio, 2nd print secret cover, 2nd print one per store, etc…, pause their most popular series for a few months and everyone gets amnesia. This book will obviously get all the other rare limited bs versions as well.

3 Likes

The “do 5 issues and take 4 months off” bit is really annoying to me. I don’t have access to their creative process, and maybe there are legit reasons why they keep taking pauses. But, it surely seems like they are doing it simply to re-hype the upcoming arc. And, I’m not convinced that it’s working. Value of the early issues seems to have dropped quite a bit. Maybe that’s just part of the market correction happening, or maybe that’s because interest is waning during these long breaks. HOS hasn’t been good, in my opinion, and that’s not helping.

I mean, there’s been 5 issues of SIKTC in the last 12-14 months? They did the same thing with We Only Find Them When They’re Dead, and it killed that series. Well, that story wasn’t coherent enough, so it had other problems, too.

1 Like

This isnt a Boom thing, Image does it all the time. I dont think it affects good series at all. We Only Find them was a pretty bad series from issue #1. I gave it until 4 or 5 and gave up.

At least they’re not renumbering already.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I saw that and thought, “WTF?”

3 Likes

Sick cover but too rich for my blood

3 Likes

Facts. I’d better get a favorite silver age key with that money. That’s not to say if anyone wants it is a bad thing. You do you.

I paid the $ for the onion club. You actually get multiple “Member’s only” variants over the course of the year for that cost. That is just the one coming out now. So you get 6-7 variants plus priority for other releases. Not sure it is worth the $250 price of admission yet, but it seems like it will be…

I do think it’s worth for the fans. I enjoy reading SIKTC but im just not that a big collector for it. I only want certain covers like #5 and #3 2nd print.

1 Like

Question tho, if i subscribed late like for example I will subscribe now, I already missed that black and gold cover right?

It’s a little vague. Here is what the email says:

Hello, Onion Club Members!

I am absolutely thrilled to debut the ONION CLUB exclusive variant to SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #21, with art by the incredible NICK ROBLES, who will be tackling the art for the full set of 2022 Onion Club exclusive covers.
The design is in black and white, but printed on Gold Foil (The above is a facsimile to capture the effect of the design as it will look on a foil cover). This cover is ONLY available to Onion Club members, who are only getting a single copy a piece. These will NEVER be put on sale.

These will be shipped out to all Onion Club members once the books arrive at Third Eye Comics later this month. If you have already filled out your shipping survey, you don’t need to fill it out again! But if you’re a new member to the Onion Club and want to make sure you get The design is in black and white, but printed on Gold Foil (The above is a facsimile to capture the effect of the design as it will look on a foil cover). This cover is ONLY available to Onion Club members, who are only getting a single copy a piece. These will NEVER be put on sale.

These will be shipped out to all Onion Club members once the books arrive at Third Eye Comics later this month. If you have already filled out your shipping survey, you don’t need to fill it out again! But if you’re a new member to the Onion Club and want to make sure you get all of your Onion Club covers this year… You should hit the link below and give us your shipping information!

It says if you have questions, you can email TinyOnionOrders@thirdeyecomics.com .

Something funny to note, Third Eye Comics also shipped out the Bad Idea clear comics. They are my LCS. It’s funny that they are doing distribution for people now.

I like them a lot, and a pretty nifty way to generate more income…

Update from Tiny Onion

Last week we unveiled the first in the set of six Gold Foil original Onion Club covers by Nick Robles that we’ll be dropping in 2022 - a beautiful Erica Slaughter cover for SIKTC #21. We received some questions about the cut-off date to sign up for the Onion Club and still receive the cover. We still have some limited overstock, so I am going to keep the door open until the announcement of the next Onion Club cover on April 4th, at 12 Noon ET. If you sign up for THE ONION CLUB before that date, we should be able to get you a copy of the SIKTC #21 Gold Foil variant. If you sign up after April 4th, you will not get a copy of the SIKTC #21 Gold Foil Variant.

Remind me how we join the club?