Something is Killing the Children

I think it is in the Tynion email.

https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/account

I signed up on day 1 and have already paid for the subscription. There were a lot of good freebies (well, not free due to membership) at first. Don’t know about going forward.

he has like 200-300 members, and boom has 500 minimum print run so he has 200 copies of the gold foil left

5 Likes

First appearances in indie books are like tits on a bull… the only time these really mattered was when Walking Dead was at it’s peak and prime during it’s show… :wink:

6 Likes

Aren’t tits on a bull useless?

Oh, I get it now!

1 Like

Looks like the A cover is going up to $4.99 with issue 25. Wouldn’t surprise me to see $4.99 become the default price for all books by the end of the year.

Don’t you dare speak that evil into existence! $4.99 as a standard price for a comic means I’m buying a ton less…

2 Likes

I’m already buying a ton less.

3 Likes

I hate the idea of a $4.99 book, but it’s been at $3.99 for many years. When was the last time books were $2.99?

1 Like

2008 or 2009. Not counting DC sticking with that for a few years after that.

DC stuck with $2.99 well into the Rebirth relaunch, around 2016ish.

Yes, DC was $2.99…but titles were releasing every 2 weeks instead of monthly. There were absolutely no savings there.

Seems like DC is now leading the pack in raising the cover price as well. They charge $1 more just for the card stock covers… At least Marvel gives you a digital code so you don’t have to manhandle your comics to read them as an option.

1 Like

DC ditched $2.99 around 2018. They’ve been aggressive with pricing lately, too, and I’ve dropped purchases as a result. But I will say their physical product (paper) looks so much better than what Marvel’s using (I mean Marvel’s regular “meh” paper, not the super-thin garbage they’ve experimented with lately).

Ya the days of Drawing the line at 2.99 are long over. Many of their variants are $1 more as well. At least Marvel charges the same price.

Yeah but once you peel off the sticker it’s worthless! Can’t even claim unread condition if the sticker is missing.

Sure you can! Just don’t read it. Now, if you claimed “unpeeled condition” you’d be in trouble.

Nope. Opening the book is reading the book.

Have to open to get the sticker. So You’re Breaking the seal. Might as well read it now.

I pull mine back enough to not pull off, get the code, push back down and then close comic. After they sit in the longbox for months or years, it’s like you never peeled it off.

One day you will learn young Padawan!

My wife and I went to the panel yesterday and here is what they announced on whats coming up and some cool first look (at least to me) of the design work. We also got a limited poster which was cool.

1 Like