Star Wars: Ahsoka Disney+ show

Saw enough of an At-TE and Republic drop ship to give me hope we’ll see those toys issued again someday!!!

Two of the greatest SW toys ever made (Turbo tank also) and the price has become ugly for them at this point.

Yeah…if my only criticism was an age related, petty thing like that… I’m good.
Show was fantastic imo.

I almost feel bad for those who have not watched, are resistant to the Clone Wars cartoon. They are just missing out on such wonderful material and the impact this current show has related to it.

1 Like

Physics likely play a role as well when they got ships that travel faster than light and such, different planets with different gravity forces… :wink:

1 Like

Oh stop, Mr. Hawkings.

Ummm… that’s Mr. Einstein you turd muffin. Was talking about general relatively mostly! Geez…

If the show is inspiring enough, they’ll go back and watch them.

I’m not that much into the characters, but have watched select episodes that have been historically relevant (keys, for lack of a better word) to these live action series. I didn’t realize Ahsoka had actually met the Son, Daughter and Father (key figures related to accessing the world between worlds and emergence of Morai). So I’m going back to watch those episodes now. Not sure how relevant they are to this series at this point, but there’s a history there which is somewhat a relevant backstory to her ability to access the world between worlds.

1 Like

Well, from reading an article about young Ahsoka the actress that plays her is the same one that played young Gamora in the MCU. She is sixteen now so pretty much fits with the timeline represented. She’s probably just a bit petite.
MCU star joins Star Wars as young Ahsoka and it’s made fans rethink a key storyline (msn.com)

2 Likes

could have sworn he talked about this too. Someone gave me his book 10 years ago and I’m still not halfway through it.

I enjoyed this breakdown and explaining how this episode provided what was needed, and didn’t try too hard to explain what really doesn’t need to be explained. She got the answers she needed to move on and become Ahsoka The White, a truly balanced Jedi, who now seems ready to stop allowing fear to sway her choices, and accept that sometimes you just have to trust the force to guide you.

Best line of the show was how Huyang was concerned about how the Purrgil could be taking them anywhere, and Ashoka is all “better than going nowhere.” Up there with other classic Jedi quips of wisdom/humor).

Series is really starting to get good, my only real disappointment at this point is Chopper not being represented as his character. He should be rolling around, waving his mechanical arms abs making sarcastic remarks. It’s like he’s just there because he should be. Jacen is making a bigger impact. Hopefully he gets to shine some more in future episodes.

1 Like

For anybody curious about the clone wars shows, there are many list out there of must watch shows from the series that cut out most of the filler and focus on the key parts. After watching a second time it looks like some of the troopers in the second battle scene had the Ahsoka paint on their helmets.

1 Like

They were the 332nd Company. Led by Rex.

I had forgotten they were involved in the siege of Mandalore.

Would have been quite the Easter egg if we saw Rook Cast, Gar Saxon or even Maul in the background of that scene. I’m sure they were there…too much smoke though.

IMG_6111

1 Like

He talked about it but it’s Einstein that I’m aiming for…

Blown away! Filoni is a Star Wars legend and hopefully continues to want to be part of it for a looooong time.

He created Ahsoka and that episode encapsulates his love for the character. To the non Clone Wars fans, he was able to give some extremely valuable information about Ahsoka that should have them wanting to know more about her and her importance moving forward in Star Wars lore. It also showed that a live action Clone Wars can be done impressively if they choose to move forward with any projects.

I loved it and will watch that episode again and I RARELY do that. Ahsoka is officially legendary and I can’t wait to see what Filoni does with the character moving forward. Rosario Dawson is phenomenal and I think the end of Episode 5 shows how much she cares about being Ahsoka and it was a huge payoff to see her beautiful smile towards the end of the episode.

The fact that I still get to see live action Thrawn soon is the cherry on top. I can’t wait. I CAN’T WAIT!

5 Likes

fire K Kennedy and replace her with Filoni

6 Likes

Kenedy is the JarJar of the entertainment industry. Just awful and serves no real purpose.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched it but I think Star Wars sucks! Just kidding.

Possibly my favorite Star Wars meme…

IMG_6137

3 Likes

I’ve got the Clone Wars on DVD and will watch afterwards.

2 Likes

I’ve got a lot of love and hate for SW right now. There’s some great (Andor), and some awful (Mando/Boba). I was so turned off by Mando/Boba, that I can’t bring myself to watch Ahsoka, as it looks like more of the same to me. But, people seem to be liking it more now after not loving the first couple episodes?

1 Like

I can understand the way you feel. I’m loving all the shows. Yes some are lacking etc. I just enjoy them for what they are

This was because fans had they’re mind made up on what THEY wanted from the character when they wanted. Most judged her portrayal after just 2-3 episodes and now episode 5 has revealed a change and more closure to her character noooow folks are loving it. Basically folks were impatient. This is not TV commercial break story telling. This is long form story telling.

3 Likes

I’d agree. Episodes 1-4 are watchable with nothing overly exciting. And then Episode 5 happens.

If anyone else besides me got through all the episodes of She-Hulk and Boba, then you’ll have a better experience with Ahsoka IMO. And we still get Thrawn :hugs:

1 Like