Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

You’ve got some balls. I would never order from FP UK if I lived in the US.

I try not to order from FP UK if I can help it, and I live in the UK.

1 Like

Yeah…we’ll see how this turns out. Will keep ya posted.

@drunkwooky Welp, mystery solved !! TFAW exclusive variant

Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures Quest of the Jedi (Grant Griffin TFAW Exclusive Variant)

“It will be sold in an edition of 1500, and comes bagged and boarded.”

4 Likes

Dang. I just posted about this in another thread. What was the mystery? I don’t see which DrunkWooky post you are referring to.

@ComicSpec

2 Likes
2 Likes

We get foil variants too!

1 Like

3 Likes

I like that cover art and looks like a good book to get from @drunkwooky @Artist_Formerly_Known_as_DW write up of the 5 page preview. There could be more in the guts?.

I did 3 each of the Regular covers A-B. Took forever to get cover art, and then art for cover B. Looks like the listing is no limit on how many you can pre order?..

Thanks for the article @Artist_Formerly_Known_as_DW , and info @monopolyjackson :+1:

2 Likes

It’s now marked as Sold Out on TFAW’s website.

2 Likes

I’m sure some other shop bought them out (if it was not limited) and will list them for $25 soon enough…

1 Like

I seriously doubt they sold 1500 copies in 24 hours…

Not to the general public, they didn’t.

1 Like

Just wait. They will have more available in the future…

Same thing they did with the High Republic Adventures Annual …

1 Like

I grabbed one. So I’m all set either way.

2 Likes

1500 was to be split between their online and physical stores, so they may have exhausted their online allocation.

1 Like

I pre ordered a few and was wondering why it locked in after Midnight. There was no limit so anyone could have pre ordered as many as they wanted. 1500 isn’t that hard to sell out when 3-4+ stores buy multiple copies, and then reg folk get 1-5 each…

Like mentioned I’m sure a few certain stores bought up a bunch like @D-Rog mentioned to sell marked up.

Ones that get set aside for the brick and mortar stores don’t go back to online usually. It’s a huge process and not worth it unless it’s a really high price item (like a statue or something) to transfer between inventories.

When exclusives or incentives come back in stock it’s because orders were cancelled (or payment failed) or accounts were locked and their pre-orders were released. So best bet is going to be to check after the orders for the week it comes out start processing.

For HRA I imagine when ones went back in stock it was because there were copies that failed the pre-screen to be graded that arrived back in the warehouse.

1 Like

Looks like the single print copies also have an “error” in them by some peoples’ measure.

3 Likes