Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

I grabbed one. So I’m all set either way.

2 Likes

1500 was to be split between their online and physical stores, so they may have exhausted their online allocation.

1 Like

I pre ordered a few and was wondering why it locked in after Midnight. There was no limit so anyone could have pre ordered as many as they wanted. 1500 isn’t that hard to sell out when 3-4+ stores buy multiple copies, and then reg folk get 1-5 each…

Like mentioned I’m sure a few certain stores bought up a bunch like @D-Rog mentioned to sell marked up.

Ones that get set aside for the brick and mortar stores don’t go back to online usually. It’s a huge process and not worth it unless it’s a really high price item (like a statue or something) to transfer between inventories.

When exclusives or incentives come back in stock it’s because orders were cancelled (or payment failed) or accounts were locked and their pre-orders were released. So best bet is going to be to check after the orders for the week it comes out start processing.

For HRA I imagine when ones went back in stock it was because there were copies that failed the pre-screen to be graded that arrived back in the warehouse.

1 Like

Looks like the single print copies also have an “error” in them by some peoples’ measure.

3 Likes

Bloop! In stock at TFAW.

1 Like

Thanks. That was quick. There were 100-200 available when I checked to see how much they had. Glad I got an order in before it was sold out.

Over 300 when i checked, told 2 friends and then they were gone so someone or a few people cleaned them out.

Two of my shops were sold out when I went today soon after opening. One shop only got one. Not sure about the other. I dropped the ball and forgot to preorder, so none there for me. I told my third shop to add any Star Wars Cover A to my pull list when I set up my list last year. Hopefully, it made it in there.

I’m lucky to have so many shops near me, but will drop the ball from time to time at FOC because kids.

Either way, I was able to grab a couple from TFAW, so appreciate the link.

1 Like

Literally just called my shop 5 mins ago and asked for two copies. They obliged. They said only 4 copies were left when i called so sounds like it wasnt heavily ordered for most shops. If you miss out, dont fret. This book epitomizes the nothing burger and will be worth virtually nothin within a couple months time.

2 Likes

I got three to sell. Gotta make back my money quick.

I do think this book will deflate fast when people realize that any pay off is a year plus away. It’s importance is supposed to pay off during Phase 3.

Already seeing listings sitting at $24 OBO.

1 Like

I ordered just one set A, B and the TFAW variant for the pc. I figured by the time I get them in the mail the $40 price points will be long gone and the book will be selling for around $15.

1 Like

I take that back I did order one extra copy of cover A from a seller on Hip Comics but received an e-mail that he didn’t realize the comic had water damage on the back cover so he will be issuing a refund. I asked the seller to send me photos of the comic and areas where it is damaged. I wonder if I will even reply. What do you think the odds will be that I actually receive photos of the comic purchased with water damage?

I never understand why people call shops about hot books. You’re only bringing attention to the book and risk having to pay more for it.

6 Likes

I’m telling you. This is the beauty of convincing your shop to connect to a service like League of Comic Geeks. I slept on this SW book, and I added it to my LOCG account on Monday. I show up to my main shop on Weds, and that SW book, along with my other pulls, are waiting for me. All at 20% off cover. It’s great for me to be able to get the books I want, and it’s great for the shop, as I’ve redirected 95% of my purchases elsewhere to this one place. I used to spend a lot at TFAW, but that all goes to my local shop now.

5 Likes

OTHER than the guy the justified guy in boba fett suit , who else has potential 1st potential 1st appearance in volume to of mando ?
sasha banks was what episode

1 Like

The guy is Cobb Vanth.

However If you’re talking about all of volume 2…

1st Captain Teva (Chapter 10)

1st Bo-Katan in continuity, I believe (Chapter 11)…if that matters to people.

Axes Woves & Koska Reeves (Chapter 11).

It’s not a 1st, but Ahsoka finally appears in a marvel book that’s not a cameo flashback (Chapter 13).

2 Likes

https://cadencecomicart.com/art.php?page=54799

5 Likes