Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

As “Heir to the Empire”…nice touch

Need to get Mando over with and move on to Ahsoka!

4 Likes

Looks like a couple new sith chasing after them.

Also, Sabine seems to not be wearing her armor…makes me think something may happen in the last few episodes of Mandalorian where she does not want to draw attention to herself as being Mandalorian.

1 Like

The teaser trailer for The Acolyte looked pretty cool as well.

The character played by Amandla Stenberg looks strikingly similar to the Yacombe from THR #1 (2022).

The timing certainly doesn’t add up, but the character has similar purple robes, dual wielding knives, textured gloves, hood and face mask.

Not a fan of the new logo though!

1 Like

I like both of the current High Republic series and Vader right now. Aphra is decent. Yoda is ok. Ive dropped all of the others.

1 Like

Ahsoka looks GREAT!!! I actually am really excited for this series!

Curious to know more about Darth Sean Connery.

4 Likes

Any chance it could be Deathstick? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Disney is going less hard with Marvel shows and movies but pushing the pedal to the metal with Star Wars!

My main gripe with all Star Wars media, as a casual fan, is that the tone and stories have not changed. In 1980 it might have been gee whizz awesome - but today it’s a repetitive snore fest for YA.

I want some grime or some sophistication.
That’s just me. Like what you like.

4 Likes

Have you watched Andor?

4 Likes

I also was wondering that…:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah I only watched two episode of Andor but it was the best after Rogue One.

1 Like

Andor? Rogue One?

2 Likes

Honestly setting nostalgia aside they’re the two best movies/series. Live action at least.

My argument remains that Rogue One actually
Improves A New Hope by making the Death Star appear like more of a threat.

9 Likes

Can’t argue that.

One of my very greatest film moment memories was the moment I saw/heard Red Leader (Garvin Dreis) & Gold Leader (Jon “Dutch” Vander) head into formation in Rogue One. It was just a “all of my childhood” fondness for Star Wars hitting me like a brick wall at that moment.
Seeing them again, in a prior battle, almost made them more real to me. Like old friends showing up.

Absolute movie magic! I hold that film in very high regard.

5 Likes

DARK DROIDS

2 Likes

They’re going back to Star Wars 47 and Kligson’s Moon.

Star Wars 47 was Frank Miller’s first Star Wars work (cover), and I believe his only Star Wars work:

1 Like

Seems like a good time for HK-47 to appear in comics. One can only hope.

1 Like