Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Mandalorian #2 pre-orders are live on TFAW. Star Wars The Mandalorian #2

No art yet but you’d think this would be one cover based on the July solicit. But who knows.

2 Likes

Thats the Larroca variant

Cover A.

I’m looking forward to the series of concept covers. Hopefully they dig deep and show us some new stuff.

1 Like

Has that been confirmed? I likely missed it. Only place I can find it listed for Larocca is on the Marvel Fandom Wiki. but I never go to that site so wasn’t sure how accurate it is.

Wookiepedia has the cover artist as Kaare Andrews The Mandalorian 2 | Wookieepedia | Fandom

As a grogu simp I just want some covers with the child to star popping up.

3 Likes

Larocca’s signature:

This is his exemplar from the Darth Vader 5 1:25:

2 Likes

May Previews Star Wars list of open orders:

Star Wars #26
Star Wars #26 (JTC Action Figure Variant)
Star Wars #26 (Sprouse Choose Destiny Variant)

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #25
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #25 (Lashley Variant)
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #25 (Sprouse Choose Destiny Variant)

Star Wars Darth Vader #25
Star Wars Darth Vader #25 (Reis Variant)
Star Wars Darth Vader #25 (Sprouse Choose Your Destiny Variant)

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #23
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #23 (Sprouse Choose Destiny Variant)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #23 (Yagawa Variant)

Star Wars Han Solo Chewbacca #5
Star Wars Han Solo Chewbacca #5 (Sprouse Choose Destiny)

Star Wars Mandalorian #2
Star Wars Mandalorian #2 (Camuncoli Variant)
Star Wars Mandalorian #2 (Concept Art Variant)

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi #3 (of 5)
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi #3 (of 5) (Camuncoli Variant)
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi #3 (of 5) (Sprouse Choose Destiny)

Yo! I’ve seen a ton of people in different groups and on reddit asking about different TPBs and Omnibuses. So I put together a fatty list of all of the upcoming 2022 releases for those interested.

7 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Still need to add the Dark Horse THR stuff for this fall but I had a meeting coming up and figured this would do for now lol.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

You may want to add this one to the list too :slightly_smiling_face:

Star Wars Insider: The High Republic: Starlight Stories

Looks to be a collection of High Republic short stories with new content.

1 Like

This is wild. I created a post on that on DW just before you sent that.

3 Likes

mando #2 cover A

4 Likes

This is sick. I love it.

TFAW still has the placeholder image but here’s the pre-order link for Mando #2 Cover A.

1 Like

Now that’s a cover! Awesome.

1 Like

Just in case some of you guys wanted to argue about something. :grin:

1 Like

What makes Die Die Die 14 any more of a “first” appearance than Star Wars Tales #13?

DDD14 is at best a parody drawing of a yoda species baby, while SWT13 predates it and is an appearance of an actual yoda species baby in a Star Wars book. Neither will ever be in continuity or confirmed…so how does DDD14 beat out SWT13? Because one came out after Mandalorian premiered? Because one of the babies is wrapped in a blanket?

Spend what you want on what you want…but I don’t get it.

I read that Charles Soule is now a Creative Consultant for Lucasfilm. Could lead to more new Marvel content (story / creations) coming to the Disney+ shows.

3 Likes

I honestly didnt know about SWT 13. I’ll add that to the post thanks.

But also I don’t think anything beats out the other as a whole. It depends on the individual collector and there are arguments for and against all of the examples shown. Neither SWT 13 or DieDieDie 14 are confirmed as Grogu. Since DieDieDie14 came out after Mando and was drawn specifically to look like Grogu its likely intended to be him. But as you said it’s a parody. SWT 13 definitely wasn’t but the idea of Grogu could have originated from that issue or it could just be another of that species who ends up dying at some point.

I think that most people who want Grogu’s 1st appearance will end up with all of them so they should all retain some value.

My personal preference is Mando #1 since it’s confirmed to actually be Grogu in a star wars story but I can see the arguments made for any of the others.