Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

I don’t know if Disney+ has all the clone wars seasons. I’ll have to check.

Need to figure out how to cram relevant episodes in…won’t have time to watch the entire run between now and Mando 3.

@D-Rog There are a couple of online guides that provide a list of the essential episodes of Clone Wars. The list of episodes is in order that makes for the most cohesive story experience versus just the natural order they came out in which sometimes went off path or had filler episodes, etc.

Last I watches, Disney did have every season/episode.

As indicated above…enjoy. Some of the very best Star Wars stories/characters created. Even pretty mature themed at times.

1 Like

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-clone-wars-mandalorian-culture-episodes/#quot-the-siege-of-mandalore-arc-quot-mdash-season-7-episodes-9-ndash-12

1 Like

The final Episode of the Shadow Conspiracy Arc (Season 5 Episode 16), which is included on that list is heartbreaking and features one of the best lightsaber duels in SW.

Provides a lot of depth to the storylines for Mandalore, Maul, Bo-Katan, and Obi-Wan.

Amazing stuff.

2 Likes

They’re doing more than that, they’re printing it on covers and in advertisements.

Recently in one of the Marvel Previews magazines I saw on advert for Spider-Gwen Shadow Clones and it said “featuring the first appearances of XYZ.”

Also, on the cover of the second printing of ASM 14…

4 Likes
5 Likes

Any thoughts on who this is (in the foreground) on the cover of High Republic 6 (Reis Variant)?

Not sure. Might be a flashback to Vildar Mac’s childhood, though. That’s the Sorcerer of Tund he encountered as a child.

Hard to tell without seeing the front of his face and seeing that line over his nose.

2 Likes

It looks a little like him but it looks like the facial markings are missing:

2 Likes

This text showed up on the cover after FOC. Inferno squad has had two prior cameos and a variant cover. Although we know for certainty they will be in BH 32, their first full appearance may actually be in BH 31.

We’ll have to wait and see.

4 Likes

What were these again?

I went to Wookywiki and the site doesn’t seem to be operating.

Star wars revelations was one of them. I saw them in a cameo there

2 Likes

This gets into “is a vision an ‘appearance’” argument…:roll_eyes:

I don’t see either of those mattering. But what about the variant cover?

Yes, they appeared. You know about them, you can see them. It’s an appearance.

1 Like

The variant cover is also a close call because it’s just Iden Versio. As the old Rogue Squadron argument goes “a member does not a Squadron make.”

2 Likes

Ultimately Iden Versio because a high ranking member of the Rebellion along with her daughter. That cover COULD become significant.

At this point I wouldn’t even worry about true first, first full, dream or vision appearance If the price is good and it is Star Wars and it is in a person’s budget get the book. Star Wars is just hot right now and will be for a long while. Ups and downs, sure, but long-term Star Wars is a good pick up. The days of Star Wars comics being looked at as a waste of time and for the hardest core fans only are long over.

1 Like

I halfway agree, but also have to mention that Star Wars fatigue (or any overproduction of an IP ) is a real thing. I have a couple friends who haven’t watched Bad Batch or Andor because of too much Star Wars recently.

3 Likes

It’s a thing, but at least from the people I’ve spoken to, Andor snapped the fatigue.

Just in time for Mando to come back.

1 Like